By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So, NXE is tommorow, and I'm looking forward to it. Oh, and Left 4 Dead, one of my most anticipated games of the year, I planned on getting tommorow. Add to that Thanksgiving break is coming up, so I'll have a lot of time to play on my new NXE. Oh, its gonna be awesome.

Oh wait, there appear to be 3 flashing red lights coming from my Xbox. Theres no way, I just turned it in for repair less then a month ago...oh god. Why today? Why Now?! WHY FOR THE THIRD DAMN TIME?!

Way to go Micro$oft.  Just wanted 1 more day Micro$oft. One more. You just f***ed one of your most faithful followers.

Again. 

So then, to prevent me from getting banned on top of things, I'll turn this into a discussion topic. Whats the worst time your 360 has RRoD on you. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

This is what you get for trolling the wii threads shadow. Also stop abusing font colours! Stick with one!

Finally I have yet to get RROD, so I can't really say it. If I got when Vesperia was out, that would be something.

Damn, now thats bad timing, sorry bout that...
Thankfully over a year with my 360 and it hasn't died on me, I hope she stays alive for as long as ill need her...
I do have a friend whos 360 keeps dying on him (has a 2005 xbox) I dont know how many times hes taken that thing for repairs but hes getting an elite soon..

Wow that sucks =/

mM
Acevil said:

This is what you get for trolling the wii threads shadow. Also stop abusing font colours! Stick with one!

Finally I have yet to get RROD, so I can't really say it. If I got when Vesperia was out, that would be something.

Frankly, the only two times I can remember venturing into Wii territory as of late was during ToS review from IGN and Castlevania Judgement. But this is probably karma from one form or another. I am getting very serious about a PS3 now, and if I were to sell all my games and system I'd be able to afford it.

Decisions, decisions. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

My 360 died last Thursday. Just received my coffin today and will send it off tomorrow. I'm going to have to wait another week until I get to install the NXE. The wait sucks.

Shadowblind said:
Acevil said:

Frankly, the only two times I can remember venturing into Wii territory as of late was during ToS review from IGN and Castlevania Judgement. But this is probably karma from one form or another. I am getting very serious about a PS3 now, and if I were to sell all my games and system I'd be able to afford it.

Decisions, decisions. 

Simple decision shadow!  No Tales on the PS3! See how much I know you? :P

Don't sell any of your consoles, just save up and get it later. The games are not going to run away.

Also like to add which console were you planning on selling. You are not that fond of the wii and you are now pissed at the 360.

I didn't want to post a new thread for my own woes so.....

My X360 managed to RRoD just a few minutes ago. It suddenly started freezing and acting very suspicious earlier today - as it froze during Rock Band 2. I tried to re-start the X360 3-4 times, but it froze within a few seconds of playing, most of the time. Each time it froze, it made almost a MIDI-esque beep reminiscent of a PC.

I came home after spending time with my fiancee, only to find out that upon restart, it RRoDed on me.

1 year, 6 months, and 4 weeks since my launch X360 RRoDed.

The worst part? Tomb Raider: Underworld launches tomorrow, and I have a copy pre-paid. My girlfriend is gonna kill me.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Acevil said:
Shadowblind said:
Acevil said:

Decisions, decisions. 

Simple decision shadow!  No Tales on the PS3! See how much I know you? :P

Don't sell any of your consoles, just save up and get it later. The games are not going to run away.

Also like to add which console were you planning on selling. You are not that fond of the wii and you are now pissed at the 360.

I'm not gonna sell my Wii, the new Tales will make sure of that. I also love Zelda games. My 360 would be the only console I'd sell right now(besides maybe my PSP)

But your right about Tales; I still am(well, was) trying to earn enough Grade in Vesperia for a second go through. I'll wait, for now. I've been tipping toward a PS3 for a while now though...

@stickball-Its like the 360s were built this way. To die right the hell in the middle of the holiday season. 

Shadowblind said:

I'm not gonna sell my Wii, the new Tales will make sure of that. I also love Zelda games. My 360 would be the only console I'd sell right now(besides maybe my PSP)

But your right about Tales; I still am(well, was) trying to earn enough Grade in Vesperia for a second go through. I'll wait, for now. I've been tipping toward a PS3 for a while now.

@stickball-Its like the 360s were built this way. To die right the hell in the middle of the holiday season. 

360's die from too much use, causing excess heat to separate the GPU from the mobo. The reason it may clump around the holidays is the over-use of the device, causing higher than normal amounts of heat via gameplay. That's why it *looks* like it's worse around these times of year.

In my previous RRoD case, it was in March - a non-peak time, but I was running the X360 into the ground since a friend was living at my house, and we played tons of multiplayer.

I trash my X360s. I pack it up very often (and rather haphazardly) into a small box, about 1 time a week (every week) to take to my finacee's, or a church event. What's more shocking is that my power brick hasn't crapped out yet - There are tons of exposed wires protruding from the rubber-end of the device (where the light is).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.