By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Left 4 Dead is literally just Resident Evil

sega4life said:
Onimusha12 said:
sega4life said:
Onimusha12 said:
Who is attacking the game? Also, why should I have to play a game to start a discussion on the striking similarity between it and elements in another game. I'm merely just interested in starting a thread about the matter. I'm not criticizing or reviewing the game, merely seeking discussion on it to see what others think.

It looks fun though I'm leery of any game that people claim the Co-Op is the prime reason to play it.

Ok hold up....

You are saying L4D is just RE because of a commercial..

and you wondering why people are posting the way they are?

To say a game is like another, it's best to "Play the game" or at LEAST a demo before you make a thread talking about 2 games being the same.

I think it falls under common sense.

I wasn't saying it was Resident Evil, rather using that as a sarcastic lead in for the discussion. I didn't even say they were anything alike with exception of appearance and elements I simply wished to speak about. I was curious what other people's opinions were on these superficial similarities. You on the otherhand jumped to the conclusion I was not only attacking Left4Dead but claiming it was identicle to Resident Evil.

Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. You're making a big fuss out of nothing and itching for a fight that just isn't there. I suggest you calmn down.

Dude please.. I'm not itching for anything other then the fact of pointing you in the right direction....

You have no idea why people are posting the way they are.

You typed in Your title (L4D is LITERALLY like RE), with out saying Anywhere " sarcastic thread " or insinuating anything of that sort in the OP, but rather later on when you realize you should make a thread in comparing games, that are nothing alike, other then having zombies and a male/ female in game.

If your "Curious" on how people feel about a game, I suggest you title threads like "how do you feel about insert game name here"

with out explaing you were being sarcastic posts later...

And please don't say I was attacking you, when I was stating the obvious.

for the record I was perfectly calm, drinking a beer smoking a cig when I typed all my replys.. yes I can multitask.

I find your need to reassure me of your calmness suggestive of more being invested in this than just trying to reach an understanding. Eitherway you've made it known you dissagree or at least hold my thread in contempt of any rational discussion. Perhaps its time to move on.

Around the Network

oy. Alright Onimusha, now that you realize just how misleading your original title and post were, how about this.: Want to edit your original post to declare your intentions? That would help out a lot.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

IMO it's what Resident Evil should have been from 3 on!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

stof said:
oy. Alright Onimusha, now that you realize just how misleading your original title and post were, how about this.: Want to edit your original post to declare your intentions? That would help out a lot.

Here here!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I just got back from a friends house, and let me tell you this game is Great! (He works at a game store, it has perks)

Though I can see how the commercial may have been misleading, the game is nothing like RE really, closer to Dead Rising, but with Graphics, game play, story, a readable interface and Co-Op!(I liked Dead rising, but this game just fixes a lot of DR's problems)

this is the first time in a long while where there is split screen co-op and it dose not lag or mess up game play, but adds to it

Pros: Good AI, good story(for what it is) all around pretty great, also an Amazing amount of zombies on the screen at one time!

Cons: Clipping, minor bugs (Issues with PC exclamations Like saying "ammo" right after that PC left the room, but minor). Game is really desinged for mutiplayer, the AI is pretty good, but can not replace a Human.

So in the end I would recommend this game to anyone who liked Dead Rising, or thought that with a little more polish they Would have liked dead rising, this game is for you!

I hope this is still on topic? I have no Idea what this thread is about anymore...?

Around the Network

I have played through 4 of the 5 campaigns on my 360 and these are my opinions. I can only really compare it to RE4 and a little bit of RE0 and Code Veronica.

Not really like RE beyond a superifical level. This is really purely an action game, a really good one. There are no puzzles. The zombies are zombies, not whatever those things in RE are, but they are very fast zombies -- 28 Days Later or Return of the Living Dead type zombies. There are special zombies but besides Tanks and Witches they are very common, you will kill 40 or 50 of each type in a single campaign.

Co-op is really built into it. This is great if you have a good team, if your companions run off on their own you will quickly be wishing you had the bots back. I find it pretty exciting standing over my downed companion, and a buddy healing him while I get to hold off the the savage zombie hordes.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Onimusha69 likes to criticize games more than actually playing them. He did the same thing to MGS4.

Well I think the focus is more on the mutated monsters. The lickers and such, and PC charachters such as Zoey having a distinct likeness to Residnet Evil. I agree when I played L4D, it felt a bit like Valve's version of RE, which makes me happy :^).

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

KylieDog said:
I laugh at thread title and also at anyone calling the enemies zombies.

Neither RE5 or L4D have zombies. That word has been so twisted out of shape its like calling a pig a cow. Sure they are both animals (enemies) that make noises (attack) that we eat (kill), but they are very different.

I laugh at that twisting of the word zombies as well. Any Zombie purist worth their salt knows that the shambling, re-animated dead that hunger for the flesh of the living and spread their curse through bites are nothing like the Voodoo induced slaves lacking in free will that the word Zombie actually refers to. Calling them Zombies just because they move slow and don't say anything is silly because they are so very different.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

are they even really zombies in L4D? not just mutated people?