By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Left 4 Dead is literally just Resident Evil

RE4 > RE5 > LFD

Around the Network

WTF RE5 isn't even out yet! Hou the hell can you possibly determine weather or not it's better.

I see a lot of this kinda crap on this site.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

AHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Time to Work !

Why is Girl Gamer Elite still allowed to post? Just get the permaban out of the way already.

No. Just no.

The two games are nothing alike.

Play ze demo first, then compare.

Around the Network

L4D is awesome, that's all I got folks.....continue!

KylieDog said:
stof said:
KylieDog said:
I laugh at thread title and also at anyone calling the enemies zombies.

Neither RE5 or L4D have zombies. That word has been so twisted out of shape its like calling a pig a cow. Sure they are both animals (enemies) that make noises (attack) that we eat (kill), but they are very different.

I laugh at that twisting of the word zombies as well. Any Zombie purist worth their salt knows that the shambling, re-animated dead that hunger for the flesh of the living and spread their curse through bites are nothing like the Voodoo induced slaves lacking in free will that the word Zombie actually refers to. Calling them Zombies just because they move slow and don't say anything is silly because they are so very different.

You are mislead by media.

A zombie was an original name/creation.  Haitian folklore has a word for people in a dead state rising with no free will or speech, as a puppet to a master, called a zonbi. 

Due to the popularity of zombies many years ago, many haitian/vodoo movies made altered the name and tried to leech from the popularity of zombies.

Zombie is not a zonbi.

A zombie has nothing to do with vodoo.

Ehhhh, that's not strictly true, it just means the etymology of the word has changed.

Yes, words changing in meaning is frightening, but it's true. The English "zombie" has many meanings, one of which is equivalent to "zonbi".