By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Left 4 Dead is literally just Resident Evil

Who is attacking the game? Also, why should I have to play a game to start a discussion on the striking similarity between it and elements in another game. I'm merely just interested in starting a thread about the matter. I'm not criticizing or reviewing the game, merely seeking discussion on it to see what others think.

It looks fun though I'm leery of any game that people claim the Co-Op is the prime reason to play it.

Around the Network

Lemme show you where you fail.

RS CG Movie:

Left4Dead:

Start pointing out the similarities. Namely where Barry is.

Onimusha12 said:
Who is attacking the game? Also, why should I have to play a game to start a discussion on the striking similarity between it and elements in another game. I'm merely just interested in starting a thread about the matter. I'm not criticizing or reviewing the game, merely seeking discussion on it to see what others think.

It looks fun though I'm leery of any game that people claim the Co-Op is the prime reason to play it.

Ok hold up....

Just want to emphasize: you say in the topic   "So left for dead is Literally just Resident Evil" from a commercial.

and you wondering why people are posting the way they are?

To say a game is like another, it's best to "Play the game" or at LEAST a demo before you make a thread talking about 2 games being the same.

I think it falls under common sense.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
Onimusha12 said:

Ok hold up....

You are saying L4D is just RE because of a commercial..

To say a game is like another, it's best to "Play the game" or at LEAST a demo before you make a thread talking about 2 games being the same.

I wasn't saying it was Resident Evil, rather using that as a sarcastic lead in for the discussion. I didn't even say they were anything alike with exception of appearance and elements I simply wished to speak about. I was curious what other people's opinions were on these superficial similarities. You on the otherhand jumped to the conclusion I was not only attacking Left4Dead but claiming it was identicle to Resident Evil.

Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. You're making a big fuss out of nothing and itching for a fight that just isn't there. I suggest you calmn down.

ymeaga1n said:

Lemme show you where you fail.

RS CG Movie:

Left4Dead:

Start pointing out the similarities. Namely where Barry is.

That picture is not the commercial

The commercial featured a male lead that looked strikingly like Barry Burton and a female who looked like Claire Redfield. If those same characters are in that photo, then they looked different in the commercial. I never said Leon was represented either, just that I thought it was for that movie at first. There was a long skinny creature with clawed fingers like a licker and a hulking beast much like a Tyrant.

Around the Network
ymeaga1n said:
Really you shouldn't make a comment, let alone make a thread, about it unless you've played it.

It is absolutely nothing like RS other than the fact its got zombies and guns. Don't be so ignorant.

Except I said nothing about gameplay, just the appearance of the game and its characters in a commercial. Perhaps you should read the thread before using the thread titles as your sole basis for contributing. Don't be so ignorant.

Onimusha12 said:
sega4life said:
Onimusha12 said:

Ok hold up....

I wasn't saying it was Resident Evil, rather using that as a sarcastic lead in for the discussion. I didn't even say they were anything alike with exception of appearance and elements I simply wished to speak about. I was curious what other people's opinions were on these superficial similarities. You on the otherhand jumped to the conclusion I was not only attacking Left4Dead but claiming it was identicle to Resident Evil.

Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. You're making a big fuss out of nothing and itching for a fight that just isn't there. I suggest you calmn down.

Man if this was real life someone would have probably kicked your ass already. You make a bold and stupid statement about something you've got no idea about and then tell them to calm down when we point out how stupid and ignorate your statement is?

I realize the thread title is misleading and that is my own fault, however if your read the original post you'd see I was only talking about superficial appearances of a commercial and what I felt to be an uncanny similarity.

ymeaga1n said:
Onimusha12 said:
sega4life said:
Onimusha12 said:

Ok hold up....

Man if this was real life someone would have probably kicked your ass already. You make a bold and stupid statement about something you've got no idea about and then tell them to calm down when we point out how stupid and ignorate your statement is?

You're really out of line here, you should calmn down before you attract mod attention. As I said to him, you're making too big a deal out of this and need to chill out. There is no need for such personal attacks or insults.

Onimusha12 said:
sega4life said:
Onimusha12 said:

Ok hold up....

Dude please.. I'm not itching for anything other then the fact of pointing you in the right direction....

You have no idea why people are posting the way they are.

You typed in Your title (L4D is LITERALLY like RE), with out saying Anywhere " sarcastic thread " or insinuating anything of that sort in the OP, but rather later on when you realize you should make a thread in comparing games, that are nothing alike, other then having zombies and a male/ female in game.

If your "Curious" on how people feel about a game, I suggest you title threads like "how do you feel about insert game name here"

with out explaing you were being sarcastic posts later...

And please don't say I was attacking you, when I was stating the obvious.

for the record I was perfectly calm, drinking a beer smoking a cig when I typed all my replys.. yes I can multitask.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o