By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Variety)A Bom Blox sequel? Why not

How is 550K a flop for this game? The title is Boom Blox and it has sheep on the cover. I saw no ads for it, and it's a pretty niche title. It didn't flop and it deserves a sequel.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

EA ran quite a few TV ads for the game, so I would say they certainly advertised it.

Yeah. I saw a bunch of commercials for this game. It isn't really a flop, and it definitely deserves a sequel. Let's hope that the sequel actually adds something new to the first game. There are a lot of new directions that the series can go. I just played the original earlier tonight, and I still haven't had enough of it. It's an excellent game.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Yeah I have no idea how 550K is a flop.. At $50 a pop that's a revenue of $27,500,000 which isn't too shabby..

The fact is EA wouldn't have spent a lot on the development of the original Boom Blox and the advertising was minor so I wouldn't be suprised if EA did actually make a tidy profit after all was said and done..

Also EA could tout Boom Blox 2 as the first puzzle game to use MotionPlus and hence 1:1 controls, if they go that way of course..

I havent played original yet, gotta buy it eventually.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Sorry GTAIV, Boom Blox is the most overated game this gen.

No.  GTA IV was more overrated because it was getting average ratings of 12.732 on a scale of one out of ten.  Boom Blox might be the least fun game of this generation.  I'll go with that.  So is Speilberg going to be involved in this absymal mess that everyone will universally love?  Why doesn't he go back to doing Medal Of Honor and leave this train wreck behind him before he embarasses himself any further.  Boom Blox stinks!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Lolcislaw said:
I havent played original yet, gotta buy it eventually.

No you do not.  Buy something more entertaining like Anubis II. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Sorry GTAIV, Boom Blox is the most overated game this gen.

No.  GTA IV was more overrated because it was getting average ratings of 12.732 on a scale of one out of ten.  Boom Blox might be the least fun game of this generation.  I'll go with that.  So is Speilberg going to be involved in this absymal mess that everyone will universally love?  Why doesn't he go back to doing Medal Of Honor and leave this train wreck behind him before he embarasses himself any further.  Boom Blox stinks!!!

Aren't Speilberg and Lucas in jail for raping Indiana Jones? I don't think he'll be out in time to work on this title.

I saw that on South Park.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I think Lucas added Ewoks to the Raiders of the Lost Ark special edition or something like that.

Boom Blox does have pretty good sales. If there wouldn't be a sequel, i would call that news. Sequel is propably made with the components from the first one, so the developement will be atleast 30% cheaper, which naturally means higher profit margins.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.