By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Variety)A Bom Blox sequel? Why not

I never thought that Variety is quite informed on games, but seems like they get some some info about future EA plans for a sequel.

The Blueprint model is also being used on a previously undisclosed, but none-too-surprising, project: “Boom Blox 2.” (not the official title) Apparently work is already underway on a sequel to the spring’s innovative Wii puzzle game, which got very good reviews (especially from me) and and sold decently, last we heard. But whie development is being led out of EALA, where the first “Boom Blox” was made, people are working on it together from all over the world. “Everybody is integrated, regardless of whether they’re in the same physical location,” explained the ex-Blueprinter. “It’s truly the spirit of what Blueprint was going to be.”

http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/11/electronic-arts.html

That sounds good, the first game is great, people should give it a chance probably one of the top games for the Wii this year.

Around the Network

Sorry GTAIV, Boom Blox is the most overated game this gen.

man boom blox was so awesome the story was cool an all but making your stage was half the fun. i hope they will expand on that if there is a sequel.

But the first one was such a failure...

I'm hoping for a more powerful editor, way more multiplayer levels, and online play!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The story/plot/storybook presentation were very blah. The gameplay was fantastic. So many hours spent trying to earn the Gold...

Around the Network

How?! The first game didn't sell. Wii haters told me so...

Actually, given EA's financials recently, a sequel to a game that broke even or barely profited still might be one of their best options.

So this doesn't really confirm that Boom Blox was a success.

Still, kinda big for Wii. They need third parties to keep pushing stuff like this until something hits the right chord. One surprise mega-hit could open the floodgates.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

So another 'flopped' Wii game gets a sequel. Come on Zack & Wiki 2!!

Boom Blox sold 9,801 copies this week to hit 555,353 total. For a full priced puzzle game, that's pretty damn nice. With a dedicated fan base and some more marketing, there's a lot of potential for this series. And maybe when the sequel comes out, they'll drop the price a bit on the first one. Because as soon as it's cheaper I'll buy it.

Ah hell, as soon as I get back to Canada I'll just buy it used.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I'd love to see Boom Blox take advantage of WiiMotion+. That would definitely be cause for celebration. Just thinking about it makes me giddy with glee.

And I'm definitely in the boat with famousringo about other ways to make Boom Blox 2 another fantastic game.

Oh, in before Amp and Rol.