By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Unleashed Wii Review.

God that game looks beautiful on the 360!

at any rate, I hear what people are saying about IGN (in particular) dogging Wii on the reviews. Maybe they do a bit, but I think when you have to (or supposed to) judge the same game on different systems unbaisly it can be pretty hard when the game systems are two totaly different platforms. At the same time I think it's hard for any gamer to justify giving one version that has levels missing the same grade as another version that is "complete". Yeah it's a sucky situation, but I dunno, I guess I can just see where they are coming from.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Does anyone want to play as a stand-in for me in the Werehog levels? I imagine myself going lalala, just-passing-time-until-daytime-level while playing them.  Oh well, i'll probably enjoy the game anyways. Arthurian sword for the wiin though.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Commando said:
 At the same time I think it's hard for any gamer to justify giving one version that has levels missing the same grade as another version that is "complete". Yeah it's a sucky situation, but I dunno, I guess I can just see where they are coming from.

The Wii-Version has an other level design and other levels than the ps360, so no level is "missing" in the wii version.

Considering they have the correct control scheme in this game, I'm definitely buying it.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

It may not be a SMG but its still gonna be good... i hope

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

A Wii game getting a 7.5 on IGN lately is about the same as a 360 title getting a 10. Going by that math this game is about a 9.8 and must be spectacular.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

z101 said:
Commando said:
 At the same time I think it's hard for any gamer to justify giving one version that has levels missing the same grade as another version that is "complete". Yeah it's a sucky situation, but I dunno, I guess I can just see where they are coming from.

The Wii-Version has an other level design and other levels than the ps360, so no level is "missing" in the wii version.

Was my post missed?  Mazuri is there but there is no level, only a hub world and a boss fight.  Empire City isn't in the strategy guide.  Yes I have the Wii version of the game.  The only thing that kind of puzzles me about this version is the fact that there is only 1 regular Sonic stage per continent, then 3 Werehog stages.  Although I didn't get very far into the game yet, I can confirm that there are no levels for Mazuri and Empire City.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

IGN Sucks! I'm halfway through the game and i haven't noticed a single frame rate drop!

Also, the were-hog parts are good... it just feels like an entirely different game :S

I was about to make another topic but forgot about this one.  Anyway, Gametrailers review: 7.0

Does the game release in Europe tomorrow?

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

BTW, the regular sonic levels are ran though, with little fighting. Of course they would be shorter.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs