By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review Catslevania Judgment ... It's.....

SmokedHostage said:
Khuutra said:
routsounmanman said:
while not a great score, as a rabid Castlevania fan, I'll pick this up. Finally a good surprise Konami.

I still don't see how a rabid Castlevania fan can be pleased with this game.

Do the special attacks still do 75% of your health in one shot?

Oh, they do? Oh dear!

That's strange, the most I've seen is about 60%.

You know, I want to argue this point using Dracula's special, but isn't 60% enough by itself?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
routsounmanman said:
while not a great score, as a rabid Castlevania fan, I'll pick this up. Finally a good surprise Konami.

Oh, they do? Oh dear!

Paul Phoenix (Tekken series) has a move that can deplete ~70% of your health. Many other fighters have such moves.

routsounmanman said:
Khuutra said:
routsounmanman said:

Oh, they do? Oh dear!

Paul Phoenix (Tekken series) has a move that can deplete ~70% of your health. Many other fighters have such moves.

I could pull of a combo in Killer Instinct that would do at least half your health and many others can do much better, I know, but that doesn't mean that the mechanic can't be properly balanced. Killer Instinct has combo breakers. There's apparently no way to make these "super moves" in Judgement balanced.

Khuutra said:
routsounmanman said:
Khuutra said:
routsounmanman said:

Oh, they do? Oh dear!

I could pull of a combo in Killer Instinct that would do at least half your health and many others can do much better, I know, but that doesn't mean that the mechanic can't be properly balanced. Killer Instinct has combo breakers. There's apparently no way to make these "super moves" in Judgement balanced.

I'm not talking about a combo here; it's just 3 freaking buttons required to pull off Burning Fist. Just back + 1 & 2 (both fists). That's like pressing a single button, and besides, if you don't want your opponent to use his ultimate move, stop him from ammasing the required energy.

routsounmanman said:
Khuutra said:
routsounmanman said:
Khuutra said:
routsounmanman said:

Oh, they do? Oh dear!

I'm not talking about a combo here; it's just 3 freaking buttons required to pull off Burning Fist. Just back + 1 & 2 (both fists). That's like pressing a single button, and besides, if you don't want your opponent to use his ultimate move, stop him from ammasing the required energy.

Then that move is as poorly balanced as this one is. It borders on comical. No serious fighting game fan could look at that without laughing their asses off.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
deathcape said:
@Ari_Gold..sadly those games aren't full 3D fighters..

as a fighter CV:Judgment is probably better than N:UNS

Since you have not played either, and Naruto got better reviews exactly what are you basing this off of?

nope, but from what I got form reviews..not numbers..but information UNS is just sicrle button pretty much..and..well..support? kawarimi? just UN in 3D

Castlevania..has the depth of blocking, being countered by grabs, guard breaks, areal moves etc etc

besides..why even care about me?

TEH INTERWEBZ IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

I dislike your tendency to downplay UNS even though it has gotten better reviews than most games of the genre. It wasn't a perfect game by any means, but I would still count it as a better brawler game than most.

And UNS has all those things you mentioned for Castlevania.

o.o ohrly?! ohnoez!...

sadly..I'll have to disagree..
hmm..but it won't help:
go play both and then tell me what's what
there are a ton of reasons why I dislike UNS, but that's not the point

as a fighter..it's rediculously simple..thus why I said: as a fighter CV will porbably own UNS

because UNS is also full 3D

I never said you HAVE to love CV more than UNS..

UNS has the circle button..and that's where it ends..shuriken? keep moving..it'll miss..other throwing weapons? everyone has them

everyone plays the same and feels the same....maybe it's a good time to tell you, but: I actually have played UNS ^^''
in case you didn't know I'm a Naruto fan..(that's where the other dislikes come from)

but that aside..CV has heavy and weak attacks, shield breakers, and long range moves..wich gives more variety

the stages are more intense in CV, wich means more thinking instead of randomly tapping circle

and on top of that, he differences in combos and characters is HUGE compared to UNS

everyone is pretty much the same in UNS..no real difference..even Smash Bros has more depth..I'm afraid

No serious fighting game fan will take Judgement seriously, don't ty to play up that angle. It just doesn't work.

I can't imagine you're that great of a Naruto fan considering you didn't know where Naruto's Ultimate move came from. That was one of the most amazing moments of the Sasuke/Naruto fight which is one of the best fights of the series.

Your complaints seem to stem from UNS being a brawler instead of a 2D fighter, which I suppose is fine. Everyone has their preferences. Personally I much more enjoy a game based on timing and positioning without the button memorization that most 2D fighters seem to incorporate.