By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review Catslevania Judgment ... It's.....

actually, the game is a bit better than the review, reviewers shouldn't spent more than 1-2 days playing the game (they don't even noticed jap voice option)

this game gets very enjoyable if you get use to it and learn the moves!
i'd give it about 8.3 or smth

it's true that it's mostly a casual game!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
SaviorX said:
alfredofroylan said:
A new review, quite deep and good:
http://diehardgamefan.com/2008/11/21/review-castlevania-judgment-wii/

This is the perfect review for Castlevania Judgment. It went over everything! And it called 1UP on their absolutely terrible review.

Reviews are supposed to exist in a vacuum. No good review will ever refer to another one in any way, shape, or form.

But this is not from a professional reviewer website (diehardgamefan?) It is more of like a blog, that turned you away from a review that was obviously terribly written, and tells you what that one did not.

I thought the review was good.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Khuutra said:
SaviorX said:
alfredofroylan said:
A new review, quite deep and good:

This is the perfect review for Castlevania Judgment. It went over everything! And it called 1UP on their absolutely terrible review.

Reviews are supposed to exist in a vacuum. No good review will ever refer to another one in any way, shape, or form.

But this is not from a professional reviewer website (diehardgamefan?) It is more of like a blog, that turned you away from a review that was obviously terribly written, and tells you what that one did not.

I thought the review was good.

Yet the "professional" reviewer wrote just 4 awful paragraphs for the game.

deathcape said:
what?!?! swinging differently affects attacks and combos?!?!
the depth!!! omfg!

I thought it would be like Naruto..

but no..it's BETTER!! I see why there are only 14 characters..

i just found out that it works with every character!

it's like every characters has hidden moves, and to perform them you swing the wii-remote like the character's sword to perform that attack! (holding B)

and the best, you have to find them on your own, they are not in move list but the tutorial says that the way you swing the controller changes the way a special move is performed!! :  )

also, in online, when a player chooses a character, the other cannot see it until he chooses his character, this way it's more fair (unlike SoulCalibur IV where one waits for the other to choose first)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I noticed..I just got the game everyone!!

it's INSANE>.Soma..don't worry about story..it's cool to see the characters being taken out of their timeline and put in this weird abyss..

also..the game is F(**^ difficult..
I'm doing Castle mode..and I'm being OWNED..story mode takes me at least 3 continues..because the opponent..well CPU is really smart on normal..and there's hard..

gawd...Death..sucks..I hate Death..I always die

Around the Network

Good, great to know is not an easy game. I bought it too =) but I will receive it tomorrow or on Monday

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
deathcape said:
what?!?! swinging differently affects attacks and combos?!?!
the depth!!! omfg!

I thought it would be like Naruto..

but no..it's BETTER!! I see why there are only 14 characters..

i just found out that it works with every character!

it's like every characters has hidden moves, and to perform them you swing the wii-remote like the character's sword to perform that attack! (holding B)

and the best, you have to find them on your own, they are not in move list but the tutorial says that the way you swing the controller changes the way a special move is performed!! :  )

also, in online, when a player chooses a character, the other cannot see it until he chooses his character, this way it's more fair (unlike SoulCalibur IV where one waits for the other to choose first)

Ok, I've been playing this game now, and I think the tutorial said the stick, not the wiimote. For example, if you move the stick to one direction while doing a normal attack or a special attack, then you will do a different move. So far I think it doesn't matter the direction you move the stick, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I've only played this game like 3 hrs, (30 minutes just watching the intro ) and I'm liking it. The story mode was not as bad as this review said.

I already finished it in the normal difficulty, it was not a piece of cake but not that difficult either, also considering the super moves take like 50% of your opponent's life makes it easier. The music and the graphics are really cool. I think every Castlevania fan at least should check it out.

Also, two important things not mentioned in reviews:

1. This game DOES have Japanese voices.

2. While you can't change the button configuration, you can choose between 3 different types of configurations. So if you don't like swinging the WiiMote, there's another conf that use B as the basic attack.

I played it for 3 hours with the default controls I didn't get tired. Maybe because I'm used to Naruto, but I feel in this game the control is more sensitive, so you don't have to do much effort in swinging the remote.

dude..Soma..you might be right about stick..and yes..it matters..play Shanoa..and you'll notice immediately..

also..no..hyper attacks only do 50%

hmm..that's about it

Oh ok, that's fine then. More depth to the gameplay. But the way you swing the remote doesn't matter, does it?

nope..I found out it doesn't.but flicking it down or thrusting works best..swinging is bad..

I use Wiimote with swinging..it works for me..more challanging

I'm gonna try to get some good connection soon to go online and battle some of yu newbs here! XD