By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Remnant getting Japanese voiceovers???

Riachu said:
From the current reviews so far aside from the incedibly positive review from Famitsu, the game will only be decent at best. Why get a decent JRPG when I could get a great JRPG like ToV as I still haven't gotten that one yet?

Good point also if sales are not good I'm pretty sure the price will drop pretty quickly just like it happened to Infinite Undiscovery.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

@ Khuutra )

I don't know what you liked about the english VA of FFXII - to me the speakers mostly sounded unmotivated and monotone.

You cannot be serious. The difference between the FFXII VAs and most other voice actors in the gaming business is that half of them aren't strictly voice actors, they are theater actors, and their ability to properly emote shines through. Final Fantasy XII was often more subtle than previous Final Fantasies because it was a more subtle experience and that reflected in the character's voices - so when they emoted, it counted.

Coincidentally, Gabranth's appearance at the Ridorana Cataract is the best-acted scene in any video game I've ever heard, and that extends to every person involved in it.

You still can't count the 360 out. It's still possible to make it a download. They did it with Naruto, a free download.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

If it does then most likely I will buy the game. If if It doesn't... then I'll have to read a few reviews....

4 ≈ One

I've never really cared for japanese voice-overs. I tend to switch only if the english voices are hideous. But it only takes a favorite like Crispin Freeman to keep it in english. And most of the time I don't even notice voices until I actually finish the game. XD But english voice acting has been improving over the years, and if Square pulls off the same result it did with Final Fantasy XII, I won't care.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Around the Network

Interesting, but TLR isn't really on my radar unless I see some really glowing reviews.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

there are several "first 10 minute" videos available on gamersyde - judging by those the english voice acting of TLR ain't bad, but I'd still prefer to have the option to play with japanese one

Played a couple of hours yesterday, the English voices are good, but the game really blows :(
Lots of technical issues: fps drops a lot here and there, textures load too late, and tons of loading screens.
The combat system is really really confusing, because fights look like a giant mess and all your input is "fight this, heal that" every 5 minutes.