By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Choose Me Two New Wii Games!

mai said:

@gurok

I called LOZ:TP and MP3:C ACTION-adventures, that's not a genre strictly speaking so don't misunderstood me. The gameplay mechanics of LOZ:TP reminds me roguelike games, but instead crushing mobs that's all about puzzles (there're few mobs and very well designed boss battles, but that's not a point), usually concentrating on one item you obtained in dungeon, so design of mobs, bosses and dungeon based on this particular item +overworld, where you can buy things, speak to NPCs etc. MP3:C is all about backtracking and acquring new abilities, new abilities means a lot more things to do, which means a lot more levels to explore. Puzzles based on your scaners and weapons, scan things first - read about what you've found - find way to solve a puzzle using your abilities - move along.

Obvious things, for those who NEVER playd Zelda or Metroid game ^_^

//Z&W is nothing in common with p'n'c adventures like Sierra ot LucasArts classics. That's what I call puzzle advenutre, a set of puzzles, that's not what I call heavy-text game.

I wasn't misinterpreting (trying to misunderstand) what you said. I noticed that Oyvoyvoyv and OkeyDokey both labelled them as adventure games and I made a generalisation ("everyone"). But, in that short description, you've probably given me the most solid recommendation for the Wii Zelda game yet. Metroid Prime 3... not so much.

Around the Network
gurok said:
jlauro said:

Considering you consider PoP a really bad game, I wouldn't recommend Zelda, MP3 or RE4. (Not that they are directly comparable, but... without knowing what you dislike most about PoP, you might not like them either... In general, POP is not as good as the others, but there is certain elements that are similar)

I actually have not played any of the your top 4 finalist, but I would go with GH WT of those listed, as you know what you are getting, but it's a lot more expensive whith all the instruments...

As has been previously mentioned in this thread, you may want to also consider BW II, and Zack & Wiki.

The controls... oh my, the controls! I'm a big fan of PoP 1 & 2 on the PC, but this did for game controls what PoP 3D did for... 3D. Tilt the remote (roll) to turn the camera? The shake and mash combo system was... ridiculous. I'll probably pick up the entire "new" trilogy on PC at some point.

The controls were not the best, but I didn't have any trouble with them.  I must be in the minority on that.  That said, I would probably put PoP as the worse controls of the 4 games, but would still give it a 7 out of 10 for controls.

Zelda, and to a lesser extent MP3 may be worth considering.  I agree Z&W is more of a point-n-click puzzle then an adventure game, but the web demo doesn't do it justice.  Worth picking up when on sale, or a rent.

Buy what you want: But do not forget to buy "de Blob".

By the way: Here is my list for the best Wii games (sorry its in german):
http://zimmer101.de/genre/bestofwii.html

I'd suggest Twilight Princess. It really is a beautiful game and it'll last you a good while.

I'd also go with Disaster. I can't get the game here but it's one of my most wanted games. >=|

Disaster and Twilight Princess.

Around the Network

From the 4 you state, I only have Disaster and I really liked it (and happy to see that I am not the only one...).

From the other 3, I am only really interest in Shaun White to try it out on the balance board (I love GH but already have Rock Band).

To add to your list, I just got COD World at War for the Wii and had a great 1st impression (I'm not a big fan of FPSs but with controls like these, I love em!).

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Never played any of them, so I couldn't tell you, sorry.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

I have de Blob. It's a fantastic game! I don't want to buy it again, but yeah, that's the best platformer to have graced the Wii since Super Mario Galaxy.

Here's a new tally of the "votes" as they stand:

• (6) Metroid Prime 3
  • (5) Guitar Hero: World Tour
  • (5) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • (4) Disaster: Day of Crisis
  • (4) Shaun White Snowboarding
  • (4) Zack and Wiki
  • (2) Okami
  • (2) Resident Evil 4
  • (2) Battalion Wars II
  • (1) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • (1) Call of Duty: World at War
  • (1) Wii Music
  • (1) No More Heroes
  • (1) Trauma Center 2
  • (1) Dewy's Adventure

So... if I go with games from my original four at the moment, it's Guitar Hero: World Tour and Disaster: Day of Crisis. An interesting combination. And if I go with the crowd favourites, it's Guitar Hero: World Tour and Metroid Prime 3.

Edit: This doesn't include any votes in the last four posts.

I'd say Go with Wii music. And maybe Zelda. Wii Music is the coolest and only truly innovative game in that list. And zelda is pure quality.

This is invisible text!

@Killergran

I was very optimistic trying to get Wii Music, but... still didn't get. Do you have some sort of degree in music, or may be you're experienced performer on some sort of musical instrument?