By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - which consol should i get ( this would be my first next gen console)

i edited my question and i posted in gaming section but

How can i delete this post? :)

Around the Network

Since there hasn't been one person not telling you to get a PS3, that's settled.
Six games, eh?

Since you don't like MGS (if you haven't tried it, pick it up, though):

1) Resistance 2
2) Valkyria Chronicles
3) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
4) Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
5) Call of Duty 4
6) Oblivion
7) BioShock
8) LittleBigPlanet
9) GTA4
10) I just have to mention it. MGS4.

Are among the best. Bolded are the best of the best. I'm not being biased by including mostly exclusives in that, it's just that on PS3 the best games are exclusive.

Bolded may be best of the best, but all of them are very good. If you don't want MGS4, go with Tools of Destruction as your sixth.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

PS3 and WII!!!!!!!!!

hhhmmmmmmm, is this thread in actual fact a ps3 fanboy board meeting?

Ronster316 said:

could be, could be...

It is in the Sony section after all lol

and the OP did want Blu-Ray...

so who's taking the minutes?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

While you bear the sig and display pic that I helped choose, you are a PS3 fanboy. Welcome. :P

It is in Sony Discussion, what do you expect?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
"Posts: 0" ...

This is gonna start a flame rain.

Anyways...it seems you've made your choice by putting this in the Sony Discussion alone.

Created threads don't count as posts. And I preferred your old avatar, personally.

Well it depends on what your primary game choice is. Do you really like Nintendo franchises OR do you really like super high quality graphics?

Since you would like the BR player, IF you would prefer higher graphics and are not a huge Nintendo franchise you should buy the PS3.

PS360 have nearly identical game library choices. They share almost all of the same games and unless you are a major JRPG fan I would go PS3.

Now, if you really like Nintendo, like me, and think graphics are great, but they don't make the game, then you should go with a Wii and stand alone BR player.

Basically what it comes down to is games. Buy the system with the majority of games you like. If you really like Nintendo, go Wii, If you really like JRPG or Gears go 360, if you really like a lot of the various HD games out, go with a PS3 as you also gain the BR player you want anyways.

But, if money really isn't an issue as you stated in the OP. Get a PSWii for the best of both worlds. Only thing you would miss is Gears and JRPGs. However, Wii will get those JRPGs soon enough.

Not quite the same, but I can't wait for Monster Hunter 3.

Kantor said:
Ronster316 said:

While you bear the sig and display pic that I helped choose, you are a PS3 fanboy. Welcome. :P

It is in Sony Discussion, what do you expect?

Yes, very true, i am a sony fanboy for the next 13 days, So what shall we discuss peeps? Perhaps we should all gather round and try to figure out how we can stop the 360 from constantly taking our lunch money?

Perhaps we can try and determine why the 360 is STILL nearly 6 million consoles ahead despite the huge marketshare we used to have in the "glory days" of the ps1 and ps2?

Or how about we tell everyone that metacritic must be an "uinreliable" source, afterall, how dare they give Gears of war 2 93% and only give the mighty resistance 2 88%