By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Firm Sues Sony Over Cell, Wants PS3 Destroyed

This company shouldn't care, its not like the PS3's are selling that well anyways

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
fazz said:
ssj12 said:

... SPEs are not processors. ...

I thought the SPE's were 128-bit RISC processors

no their closer to a core then a processor, think about a core/processor hybrid.

You don't have a clue about what you're saying, do you?

Anyway, this is just another case of stupid patent wars. If companies start using patents too much, there'll be a software cold war.

EDIT - actually it would be more correct to say the cold war is happening already, a real war is what might happen...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

naznatips said:
ssj12 said:

actually this should go to court lmfao, the way the patent is.. its not even how the cell runs. lol Sony would win easily. SPEs are not processors.

plus the emotion engine runs more like the patent describes. lol should all 130m PS2s be destroys as well as the PSPs?

the xenos in the 360 runs more like the patent then the CELL lol.

NO NO NO! You NEVER want these to go to court. Some really stupid lawsuits will go through simply because the judge has no clue what is going on. Hope to god this is settled out of court, because if it does make it the PS3 may actually die (not that there is much chance of it making it). Think about the woman who got millions of dollars from McDonalds because she spilled hot coffee on herself.

People need to stop bringing up the hot coffee incident (the McDonalds one, not the Rockstar one) as a basis for frivolous lawsuits.

The woman didn't sue because the coffee was hot and she spilled it on herself. She sued because the coffee was scalding and caused third degree burns. Coffee should never be served that hot, it's dangerous.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Great... more patent trolls...

Edit: /sacrasm [in case no one get it] 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

I just thought of something, and I don't know if it was already brought up, but the SPUs all have their own memory for processing, so it's not shared...

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network

I hope IBM and Sony obliterate this guys. I am so sick and tired of these false patent infringement cases. It makes it difficult for companies with legitimate cases to be taken seriously. There has to be something done about this. Actually there has to be something done about how litigation is handled in our country period.

This is just ridiculous. If someone wants to patent a technology, they need to be able to create the product plain and simple. Not a guesstimate of how they think it will work in 5-20 years and then patent that. They didn't create jack, and this should be thrown out and this company should be barred from filing any patent lawsuits for the next 50 years.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

It is a frivolous claim made by a patent squatter. This is technically non-news so lets go ahead and move on.

Ask me how to turn a Rottweiler in to a Dodongo and I'll tell you the story of a lifetime.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
This company shouldn't care, its not like the PS3's are selling that well anyways

You trollish fool!! If it were the wii in that situation you'd be screamin!! Why wouldnt the company care? They are loyal  to the consumers, this is why I hate fanboys!!!!!!

mM
leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

You trollish fool!! If it were the wii in that situation you'd be screamin!! Why wouldnt the company care? They are loyal to the consumers, this is why I hate fanboys!!!!!!

doesnt the broadway processor (or w/e this ones called.. i think the broadway might be from the GC.. i forget) in the Wii based on PowerPC processors? wouldnt that mean its in as much crap as the Cell? just like every server, desktop, and laptop in the world.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453