By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you believe in love? (a.k.a hear me ranting)

Jackson50 said:
There are three things that last forever: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of them all is love. I believe in love.

I lost faith two years ago, i was really religious before.

I lost hope last year, for something i was really hoping for like... 5 years.

I still feel love, oh well...

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network
Flow said:

So, here i am, a goddamn atheist, nihilistic, skeptic, in love?

There's this girl, and well... When everything is okay between us, it's fucking wonderful, there's nothing better than the two of us together.

But man, she can't stand a fight. I mean, fights happen at any relationship and couples are meant to go through it as couples, but instead of talking, she goes about ending the relationship and i have to make an effort to get everything allright. Damn, she talks about how she's not good enough for me because she is too shy to make a lot of things with me and this ruins our relationship.

This must have happened a lot of times already, but this time it was a little more serious from her side, from her wanting time and all, something she never asked before.

Thing is, is not that i want a girl to wrap my arm around and call mine, it's because i fucking love her, there are other girls i know that are insterested in me and i can have them if i leave this girl behind but i can't see myself happy with anyone else.

And now, i don't know if she will come back, damn, probably yes, but i don't know if i should keep taking it...

Oh i needed to take this out, sorry people.

So, do you believe in love or you think it's just our brain messing with us and we can move on?

I'll try to weigh in and give my opinions, too!

Love is real but so is infatuation. There is no clear line between the two, just many different signs that, when combined, can give you and others an adequete picture. Love is something that can't be explained, only described with little clarity.

Infatuation, however, is what people think is love. I believe you are infatuated with this girl. I believe, as opposed to infatuation, love is something both people have to share. Infatuation usually only happens from one side. It sounds like your girl has some issues that she needs to assess.

My first girlfriend was very much the same way. I thought that what we had was love but it was simply infatuation. In our relationship we were making the same mistakes despite vowing to change. It didn't take long to realize that our problems would never go away, and such we decided it was best to part ways.

Now, you might be able to handle the fights, but it is evident that they are burdening her. If this has been going on for a while, you might be able to see a pattern in your relationship. Both of you will have to make a choice to brave the storm or part ways. You will both be stronger people in either case.

The BuShA owns all!

Jackson50 said:
There are three things that last forever: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of them all is love. I believe in love.

That only works if you believe in the Creator

madskillz said:
Jackson50 said:

Faith is about more than religion, though. It ties into hope in that you can have faith in humanity and others (as an example).

The BuShA owns all!

Sorry, I just had to post this. Please forgive me:

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
Vertigo-X said:
Flow said:

So, here i am, a goddamn atheist, nihilistic, skeptic, in love?

There's this girl, and well... When everything is okay between us, it's fucking wonderful, there's nothing better than the two of us together.

But man, she can't stand a fight. I mean, fights happen at any relationship and couples are meant to go through it as couples, but instead of talking, she goes about ending the relationship and i have to make an effort to get everything allright. Damn, she talks about how she's not good enough for me because she is too shy to make a lot of things with me and this ruins our relationship.

This must have happened a lot of times already, but this time it was a little more serious from her side, from her wanting time and all, something she never asked before.

Thing is, is not that i want a girl to wrap my arm around and call mine, it's because i fucking love her, there are other girls i know that are insterested in me and i can have them if i leave this girl behind but i can't see myself happy with anyone else.

And now, i don't know if she will come back, damn, probably yes, but i don't know if i should keep taking it...

Oh i needed to take this out, sorry people.

So, do you believe in love or you think it's just our brain messing with us and we can move on?

I'll try to weigh in and give my opinions, too!

Love is real but so is infatuation. There is no clear line between the two, just many different signs that, when combined, can give you and others an adequete picture. Love is something that can't be explained, only described with little clarity.

Infatuation, however, is what people think is love. I believe you are infatuated with this girl. I believe, as opposed to infatuation, love is something both people have to share. Infatuation usually only happens from one side. It sounds like your girl has some issues that she needs to assess.

My first girlfriend was very much the same way. I thought that what we had was love but it was simply infatuation. In our relationship we were making the same mistakes despite vowing to change. It didn't take long to realize that our problems would never go away, and such we decided it was best to part ways.

Now, you might be able to handle the fights, but it is evident that they are burdening her. If this has been going on for a while, you might be able to see a pattern in your relationship. Both of you will have to make a choice to brave the storm or part ways. You will both be stronger people in either case.

Thanks for posting.

Things are getting better, even though we're still on a break, she can't resist me sometimes and kiss me, and says she loves me, and i do the same, i can't bring myself to play those games with her...

But i don't really get the "issues that she needs to assess" and "they are burdening her"...

akuma587 said:
Sorry, I just had to post this. Please forgive me:

I laughed, lol. But now i need some decent music...

Vertigo-X said:
madskillz said:
Jackson50 said:

Faith is about more than religion, though. It ties into hope in that you can have faith in humanity and others (as an example).

I concur with you. I do not believe in a "creator," but I believe in these three things. 

Vertigo-X said:
madskillz said:
Jackson50 said:

While you can spin this all you want, what he quoted was directly out of the Bible - I. Cor. 13:13 Without God, the love you speak of is a hollow shell. I am not trying to preach and you, of course, can believe whatever you want to believe, but if you are going to agree with that statement, you also agree that the Bible has truth and should make you question your beliefs.

EDIT: I never, EVER mentioned religion in my post. God and religion are often two different things, son.

1 Cor. 13
Love

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Yes, it was from Paul's first letter to the Corinthians. I may not believe everything in the Bible, but that does not mean the Bible or other religious texts are devoid of wisdom or positive messages.