By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 hit 11 mil consoles sold by year's end?

twesterm said:
Even with a holiday push they aren't going to more than double their current sales (of course I also don't think Nintendo isn't going to hit their 20 million mark by years end so factor that in however you want).

Only thing holding back nintendo is supply, Sony is held back by demand

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
twesterm said:
Even with a holiday push they aren't going to more than double their current sales (of course I also don't think Nintendo isn't going to hit their 20 million mark by years end so factor that in however you want).

Only thing holding back nintendo is supply,Sony is held back becuase of the price fo their console

Fixed :D

mM
leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
twesterm said:

Only thing holding back nintendo is supply,Sony is held back becuase of the price fo their console

Sony is held back because of lack of demand, because demand is low for a 600$ console.

When they released the David Beckham adidas limited edition in Hong Kong, each pair sold for over 450$ and they were sold out within minutes - all 400 pairs. The demand was there despite the (insane) price.

You can sell something for far less than its worth and still not have demand. Just look at the PS3: It costs 200$ more than it retails for, yet it's still not in demand.

ps3 will not hit 6 million by years end no matter if they are selling at 599 or higher. now if they do another price cdut down to 399 then maybe sell 8 million but i dont see it happening

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Unless all the stars in the heaven's align, and all the Wii factories are burned down, and Congress decides to give everyone a $500 holiday bonus rebate check, I say no way in hell.

I doubt it'll even hit 10 million, and give it a 50/50 chance of 9 - and that's IF they do another price drop once the 60Gs sell out. If not, maybe 7.

Around the Network

11 million: no way
10 million: if everything goes perfectly
9 million: pretty good
8 million: my guess...
7 million: bad

Off-Topic: 4D is time

On-Topic: 6 to 7 million, or at least whatever till the special offer runs out...

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Ok, I'm a Ps3 Fan boy and I will say NO it won't happen. I will say around 6.5 - 7.5max

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

By the end of '07? Nigh impossible. Only 5 months left, its going to sell better than 1.4m/month for 5 months?

Somewhere between 7-8m - if it does well. Somewhere between 5-6m if it does badly.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
twesterm said:

Price dictates demand, at every price level there is a certain level of deamnd, higher price lower demand

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)