By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who with a PS3, has yet to purchase LITTLE BIG PLANET?

i haven't just not into those games maybe it's my age

Play Me

Around the Network

I don't have it, and I don't plan on buying it anytime soon. I have no interest in creating levels, as I don't have the patience for it. Also, I have a bunch of PS3 and Wii games that I'm more interested in first

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
I don't have it, and I don't plan on buying it anytime soon. I have no interest in creating levels, as I don't have the patience for it. Also, I have a bunch of PS3 and Wii games that I'm more interested in first

Sigh.

I hate the whole I have no interest in creating levels response.

There is at least five or six hours of MM levels to play through, more if you're finding all the items and costumes, and stickers.  Then there are tons, and I mean, tons of user-made levels to wade through.  I haven't made a level yet, but I've easily poured close to 25 hours into the game playing online with friends, the story and such, and haven't even done extensive work in creating levels.

If that is the only thing keeping you from buying the game, let it be known that you don't have to create any levels to get mileage out of the game.

DMeisterJ, maybe you find that fun, but after playing 2 nights of user created levels, sorry to say this, but 80% of them really suck, you have enough of it. Not everyone has to like that game. I don't like R2 either as I hate shooters. No one is forcing me to get that game, so don't force others if they simply don't like the idea of LBP.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Zkuq said:
I haven't gotten it and I'm not sure if I ever will. It's just never been too interesting and even the level editor seemed pretty hard to use compared to what I'm used to using. Judging by the beta, gameplay was just fine but that's it. Nothing too special.

Pretty much my answer, besides that beta part, I played the real thing. Not something I am willing to spend $60 on.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
I got it on release, but I have so many other games to play that I lost interst in it. I got Resistance 2 on release too, but after getting Valkyria Chronicles, every PS3 game lost its relevance, because Valkyria Chronicles is the best PS3 game ever made. ~_n

This is like the third deja vu I come across in this thread. Maybe VC should have sold like 700.000 instead?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
DMeisterJ, maybe you find that fun, but after playing 2 nights of user created levels, sorry to say this, but 80% of them really suck, you have enough of it. Not everyone has to like that game. I don't like R2 either as I hate shooters. No one is forcing me to get that game, so don't force others if they simply don't like the idea of LBP.

Long live Onna! I wanted to see your collection again did you have to remove it T_T! It was godly collection if I remember.

lol I went to my retailer a few minutes ago and LBP was the most expensive game there.
I don't know why, but the price was 71,95€ ($91)

I haven't purchased LBP and won't. First off, its not my type of game. Secondly, there are so many other games out at this moment that LBP is an after thought until I'm done with a lot of the stuff I have and will purchase.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

DMeisterJ said:
nordlead said:

Sigh.

I hate the whole I have no interest in creating levels response.

There is at least five or six hours of MM levels to play through, more if you're finding all the items and costumes, and stickers.  Then there are tons, and I mean, tons of user-made levels to wade through.  I haven't made a level yet, but I've easily poured close to 25 hours into the game playing online with friends, the story and such, and haven't even done extensive work in creating levels.

If that is the only thing keeping you from buying the game, let it be known that you don't have to create any levels to get mileage out of the game.

It isn't the only reason, but it is a big reason. I mean, I couldn't even bring myself to make a decent level in Smash Bros. I'm sure the 6 hours of MM levels are good, but right now I'd rather get

Uncharted (8hr + cheaper)
Valkyria Chronicles (30hr - same price)
Ratchet & Clank (8hr? + cheaper)
Disgaea 3 (40hr? + cheaper)
Skate it (uses balance board + cheaper)
Shaun White (uses balance board + cheaper)

I love platformers, but the gameplay videos haven't convinced me it is worth $60.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)