By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shaun White Wii : Matacritic 82; HD Versions 68

EDIT METAcritic score, not Matacritic......DOH!

I'm very surprised. The Wii version currently has an average score of 82. The PS3 is at 65, and the 360 version is at 70.

With all of the noise the initial screenshots of Shaun White Wii caused compared to the HD screenshots, it's amazing to see the Wii version as the clear early winner.  I guess Ubisoftz is not just lazy with the Wii, they are just lazy.

Wii
NGamer UK
Not quite as stuffed with content as "SSX Blur" but the charm-filled SWS takes snowboarding games to new heights with its controls. [Christmas 2008, p.52]
IGN
A kid-friendly, motion-controlled version of Shaun White Snowboarding could have been a disaster, but this turns out to be a truly slick edition of the franchise. Not only is this one of the best-looking Wii games available, both remote and balance board controls feel really nice.
Official Nintendo Magazine UK
Road Trip is surprising. On paper it reads like a cheapened, cut-down version of its PS3 and 360 cousin but Ubisoft has really done the Wii justice with this one. Everything from the cartoony, charismatic art style to the well put-together motion control system just fits the console perfectly.
PS3
3DJuegos
If we add the power of "Assassin's Creed" to the Tony Hawk's videogames gameplay, probably the result would be this title. It lacks of some game's modes, but it's still an interesting option to discover a genre like snowboarding simulation in the next-gen.
Play UK
It’s good fun, even if it doesn’t feel quite as thrilling as we would have liked. With a little more tweaking of the controls and maybe a new approach to the genre à la Skate, this could have fared much better.
VideoGamer
It's clear that Ubisoft had some big ideas for Shaun White Snowboarding, but many of these have been hampered by an overly difficult control scheme, cumbersome navigation, a terrible map, too much collecting and a disappointing frame rate. The recreation of the four ski resorts is excellent, the online functionality is well thought out, and at times the views are magnificent, but the game just isn't as much fun as it should have been.
EuroGamer
But by far the most irritating aspect of the handling is the inability to simply make your board go where you want it to
3DJuegos
If we add the power of "Assassin's Creed" to the Tony Hawk's videogames gameplay, probably the result would be this title. It lacks of some game's modes, but it's still an interesting option to discover a genre like snowboarding simulation in the next-gen.
Gamer.nl
Ubisoft hasn't succeeded in getting the full potential from Shaun White Snowboarding. Some gameplay elements, like the enormous freedom and control, aren't that fantastic in the end. But the good online mode and the beautiful surroundings make up for it.
Official Xbox Magazine UK
Shaun White is not for "SSX" fans hungry for more extreme boarding action. If you like your simulations or have a genuine interest in the sport, you'll appreciate its realism. Everyone else, however, will just be itching to pull off a 24-rotation mega backflip.
VideoGamer
It's clear that Ubisoft had some big ideas for Shaun White Snowboarding, but many of these have been hampered by an overly difficult control scheme, cumbersome navigation, a terrible map, too much collecting and a disappointing frame rate. The recreation of the four ski resorts is excellent, the online functionality is well thought out, and at times the views are magnificent, but the game just isn't as much fun as it should have been.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

That's great! But for the Wii version you defintely have to have a balance board. That's what makes it good.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

No problem for me, I have a balance board! This gives me big hope for Skate It & the inevitable SSX on the Wii, as well as other games using the Balance Board for control. Could there be a good Tony Hawk game in the future? Well, that's too much to hope for....

BAM! There it is!

there goes IGN says the HD versions is better...

But Im surprised that the Wii version is better considering that THIS UBI :O. So are third parties beginning to embrace the Wii?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I would give credit to nintendo for the balance board but not to ubisoft

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Around the Network
yushire said:
there goes IGN says the HD versions is better...

But Im surprised that the Wii version is better considering that THIS UBI :O. So are third parties beginning to embrace the Wii?

I find it more likely that Ubisoft was lazy across the board. I can't see them embracing the Wii......

BAM! There it is!

Hopfully they also make an SSX game for wii that supports balance board.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Wii users should be happy. a better score.

Ubisoftz next title: Prince of Persia.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Wii users should be happy. a better score.

Ubisoftz next title: Prince of Persia.

no its this

Press releases from the future - Ubisoft Announces Tom Clancy’s Imagine: Party Babyz: Clandestine Frolics

@everyone----? AW JEEZ dont be harsh, not all third parties are evil, especially Ubi. They can change. I mean do you know the first titles of EA on the Wii? Boogie? Ninja reflex Remember that?

Though Ubi is still my least favorite developer second to Konami and SE

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg