By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cheat Code Central gives Animal Crossing City Folk a 4.4 out of 5

You directly stated that this was a response to Trestes' thread, how is him responding in turn trolling?

Around the Network

I don't think Animal crossing is the type of game you'd buy based on review scores , if you don't like it your likely not gonna give it a try because of 4.5 and vice versa.

trestres said:

Here's the last paragraph of the review I just linked, so you see I'm not trolling, like you imply.

If this is your first crack at Animal Crossing, or if you enjoyed the GameCube original and missed out on the DS Wild World, you’ll still find plenty of addicting qualities in City Folk. In spite of some minor gameplay-related regressions, this is in fact the best Animal Crossing to date. The problem is, it receives this blessing purely due to the fact that it successfully combines the better qualities of the first two titles and then lumps more collectible content into the mix—not because it provides any sort of earth-shattering innovation that one might expect from a high-profile, full-price Wii title. Couple that realization with mediocre graphical presentation and recycled musical content and you have something that qualifies, in some regards, as a mere port. The online chat features are great, but the selection of activities is just as thin as ever; and for anyone who’s experienced this before, it’s tough to recommend more of the same.

Videogames

Gameplay A solid, yet rapidly staling, core gameplay can’t rescue City Folk from a crippled online infrastructure that had held so much promise. If you’re new to Animal Crossing, you won’t mind the missteps so much… but veterans will cringe in disbelief.
Presentation Dated graphics are lightly polished, but still resemble that of an N64 title. Nearly all of the music, on the other hand, is directly lifted from the Nintendo DS title of three years ago. Inexcusably long load times contribute to the frustration.
Value Tons more collectible content has been added to the mix, with the total number of items now topping 2,400—nearly double the previous figure. Still, it’s hard not to dream about what could have been had the creative minds at Nintendo approached this project in full force.
Fun Factor It’s hard to deny Animal Crossing its relaxing yet addictive appeal, however aged. Hardcore fans, however, are bound to find the formula tiring.

Last paragraph of this review."

"Animal Crossing: City Folk is one of the most charming and entertaining life sims out there, with lots to explore and experience. All in all, players probably won't complain much. It's true that this game is an expanded rehash of the DS version, but in this case, that's not a bad thing. Innovation could have been taken even further, but overall, players will be left with a great taste in their mouth thanks to everything this game has to offer. Devoted Animal Crossing fans should not hesitate to pick up the game, unless they prefer to always have it on-the-go. Casual gamers who have yet to enter the world of Animal Crossing should definitely give this one a go, and those who are looking for a more in-depth gaming experience will just have to look elsewhere. AC is not for everyone, but it sure is the best of the best for those who are able to get into it!"

Pixel Art can be fun.

at trestres. why have u gone so anti wii? you complain that wii is not selling software in japan yet its beating its rivals. then u keep complaining about SE even though theve confirmed that crystal beaers will be released. now u seem to be going out of your way to show that AC is a bad game

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

@Smoked: I believe the trolling was done on your part, rather than mine. You opened a thread in reaction to mines, instead of just posting inside mine. If you want to just make an official AC:CF review thread, because if we are going to start creating a single thread for every review, then that would be spamming.

I just posted here because you named me in the OP, that's it. The gripes of the reviewers who scored this not so good are the same: dated presentation and almost exactly the same game as previous ones. Not that the previous games were bad, cause they werent. AC on the GC was one of my favorite games, but having to play the same game again obviously will take the score down.

I only wonder why couldn't Nintendo make a massive World with a lot more new activities, more people, quests, secrets, rather than making the same game with a slightly updated presentation and added voice chat.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
woopah said:
at trestres. why have u gone so anti wii? you complain that wii is not selling software in japan yet its beating its rivals. then u keep complaining about SE even though theve confirmed that crystal beaers will be released. now u seem to be going out of your way to show that AC is a bad game

QFT.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
woopah said:

QFT.

never in a million years would I think I`d defend trestres.

but... when is disliking a game (and in this case, posting a 100% legit review) considered `trolling`. Let`s be serious here. trestres doesn`t like the game. that`s cool, but to question his devotion for Nintendo and Wii is absolutely laughable.

I`ve questions tons of games from Sony side. going from Haze to GHWT. it doesn`t mean I don`t like my console, it just means I don`t like a particular game.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
axumblade said:
Thanks for the counter but at the same time..what is cheat code central? :P

CheatCC has been around for AGES. They have been keeping track of cheat codes since the NES. They started reviewing games like a year ago.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I would like to congratulates Trestres on becoming a much better poster lately. I have seen a huge improvement and creating a thread to attack his views is trolling and flaming.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

cheatcc never played the D.S. version.