By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Besides Halo 3 and possibly GT5, any other 10 million sellers for PS360?

IS it just me or was the site offline for 2 HOURS!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
IS it just me or was the site offline for 2 HOURS!!!

same fckn thing i'm thinking.....thought my net was at fault but it was vgcz

Atma has been hitting the crack pipe.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

if you combine the sales of Final Fantasy XIII and Verus you'll definitely get over 10 million

Any game, including GT5 will have a tough time hitting 10 million.

The only candidates this generation, that I can think of are:

Halo 3 (Very likely)
Gears of War 2 (unlikely)
GT5 (unlikely)
Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 (Very unlikely)

Of those that have been announced, at least. There are tons of games that will crack 5m, but very few are going to get upwards of 7-8m on a single system outside of a few Nintendo IPs for the Wii and DS.

Now, multiplat....There are quite a few that can and will hit 10m.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I think Halo will just make it around late 2009 to early 2010... i don't see anything else reaching there

leo-j, you mentioned that GT5:P sold much more than GT4:P, please note that my intention here isn't to troll the quality of GT5:P or the *current* PS3 library.. but i'm genuinely interested in what you think about this:

how many great games were there released on ps3 at the time GT5:P was released, now compare that to the amount of great games that were out in time for gt4:p's release on ps2

My reasoning would be that people didn't need a demo (or prologue) to a game to tide them over until the next great game, they could simply play the many other available things until the actual game came out.. this could have been a different situation given the state of the ps3 library pre-GT5:P

mrstickball said:
Any game, including GT5 will have a tough time hitting 10 million.

The only candidates this generation, that I can think of are:

Halo 3 (Very likely)
Gears of War 2 (unlikely)
GT5 (unlikely)
Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 (Very unlikely)

Of those that have been announced, at least. There are tons of games that will crack 5m, but very few are going to get upwards of 7-8m on a single system outside of a few Nintendo IPs for the Wii and DS.

Now, multiplat....There are quite a few that can and will hit 10m.

Impossible more like....

if FF13 does do it then it will beat FF7 & be the breakout FF

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think GT5 will hit it, even if it doesn't make it to 10 million, it'll definitely make it to 8+ million, whoever is saying 4 million max needs to stop smoking that shit.

I think it'd be more accurate to say GT5 will do 4mil minimum... in the Others region.

We don't have complete data on the old GT's, so it's hard to tell, but as I've said many times before: GT3 sold 1.7mil in Japan, with only 5.6mil consoles out. That's a 30% attach rate.

People are underestimating the GT franchise. I personally don't care that much for the game and thought 10mil was nonsense too, until I took a closer look at the old numbers.

OT: No, no other games are reaching 10mil. I would include multiplats to at least make it interesting.

c0rd said:

I think it'd be more accurate to say GT5 will do 4mil minimum... in the Others region.

We don't have complete data on the old GT's, so it's hard to tell, but as I've said many times before: GT3 sold 1.7mil in Japan, with only 5.6mil consoles out. That's a 30% attach rate.

People are underestimating the GT franchise. I personally don't care that much for the game and thought 10mil was nonsense too, until I took a closer look at the old numbers.

OT: No, no other games are reaching 10mil. I would include multiplats to at least make it interesting.

WHAT? are you serious? LOL that's an attach rate of 50% don't you know? Even if you double the Others userbase to 16 millions which could happen sometime in 2011 it must have an attach rate of 25% to make it. GT4 did 8% on PS2. Really....you must be joking...