By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Step aside Call of duty 4, Gears of war 2 and Halo 3 there's a new champ!!

Don't hate, congratulate. Any nerd can see and admit that from the videos KZ2 multi player will be bad ass.

Around the Network

I agree!!

4 ≈ One

What a joke thread. This game will not sell as many units as well any of those games.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Again, I'm not sure you guys wanna overhype this one. Didn't you learn anything from every other PS3 exclusive that has been released this gen? The latest batch have all underpreformed in either sales or reviews or both, to be frank.

It doesn't matter how great the beta online mode is, if the campaign sucks, critics are gonna flame the hell out of it. Look at Resistance 2.

You gain nothing from hyping this. You actually hurt the game by overhyping it. It now, can not do any better than our expectations, and will probably do worse.

Learn lessons, people. Learn from the mistakes of the past.

Resistance 2 had the same and even more glowing impressions from so-called unbiased gamers. Resistance 2 was developed by an even better developer, was a christmas game, and had even more hype.

It turned out to sell modestly, and "only" be pretty good. The Sony haters have yet to stop laughing.

Why, oh why, do you hype your games up so much? Do Wii or 360 owners do this about all their games? Where are the "best game ever" Halo Wars, or Animal Crossing threads?

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Do you figure that if you just hype every game, eventually you will be right? Then what? Who will be owned then? Nobody. Because the game didn't succeed, it will have simply met expectations.

Just say, "Hope it's good" and move on. Trust me, you guys get over-excited at the drop of a hat. You can't tell how a game will be received, no matter how much you play it. Especially if it's a FPS online mode. There are games out there with really, really great, KZ2 quality online modes, already. Every shooter in the past few months has had a killer online mode. Standards have been set. Just saying the online is fun, and the best shooter ever(whatever) doesn't even guarantee the game an 8/10 against today's other shooters. It's all about the campaign and the content.

Even if the game scores well, it's sales might flop. That's even worse. Sales are what make a game important. There is no worse feeling than to have a good game and it not sell a lick.

Just hold off on your excitement and hype for 2 more months, and go play Resistance 2.

About the SP campaign, there are a couple of guys on GAF that were very skeptic about Killzone 2 and they have played the SP campaign and couldn't say much but they were really impressed by it. The one thing that I can see critics and reviewers picking on is the lack of online (and I think offline) co op modes. Also if there are no split screen options, the game score will suffer as well. I played both R2 and Killzone 2 and Killzone 2 is vastly superior, even if it is made by an inferior developer. The only thing R2 beta had on Killzone 2 beta is an awesome co op campaign.

With that said, I'm predicting sales to be plateau around 3 million tops, mainly because of Sony's (lack) of marketing.

BTW, Wii and 360 owners hype the hell out of their games, I've heard a lot of Halo Wars will be great, being developed by one of the best RTS developers in the business, etc and Animal Crossing will show what the Wii can do online, it'll truly be a marvelous experience, also 360 = Gears 2 best looking game EVA, Forza 2 better than GT5 (even though GT5 is not even out), etc.. and Wii (RE4 with Wii controls is the best thing EVA, WHAT? GTAIV scored higher than SMG? Blasphemy, etc.) and as you mentioned, PS3 owners hype their games, maybe you just tend to notice PS3 owners hyping up their games more.

Let's wait before the reviews hit.

Around the Network
elendar said:
What a joke thread. This game will not sell as many units as well any of those games.

This I agree with, but if it was 360 exclusive and published by MS, I believe it would have a good shot.

jrod824 said:
Let's wait before the reviews hit.

/this

Go play some Resistance 2 or Valkyria Chronicles. There are top notch PS3 games actually on the store shelves. I'm getting tired of people hyping video footage. I think I play more PS3 than half the PS3 fanboys on this site. Speaking of which let me get back to Valkyria Chronicles...

Maynard_Tool said:
Reject said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Yet another title that will be hype to the max.... sony fans just don't learn :

You really hate Sony, did they do things to you, unspeakable things?

The worst fanboys on this site are Nintendo ones, really are worse then the PS3 and 360 fanboys I have seen. There all here as Wii and DS are getting great sales though and well thats all they can be proud of. :P

No i don't hate sony, no reason to do it. What i do hate is people in forums trying to do sony's job and sell the game through big amounts of hype, no matter what.

And no, the worst fanboys (like it or no) are Ps3's ones. They are freaking mad because sony is losing. Look how they act...hypyng every single game it's coming out to the ps3, claiming that it will be the great savior, even though the game is crap (Lair for example). Every single time a game is coming out, ps3 fans start going at it. Just look at this "KZ2 will make Gears 2 look like a ps2 game" HAHAHAHA and you actually claim nintendo's are the worst????

And well....is there a reason to be proud for a ps3 fan??? I mean, just look at how sony has treated their users this time around (= at least, i know im happy with the console i chose. I play it almost everyday for a good amount of time. Im happy with all the games i have. The only home-console i'll buy this generation. It has the games that i like, and i actually enjoy playing them.... i guess im proud of owning a wii =) and that's all that counts...the sales??? They are just a plus ;)

You are a real piece of work.

Sony fans are fans of video games in general. When there is something great, we recognize it. Halo is great, COD is great, and Killzone will be great.

You aparantly have no respect for great video games, or the industry as a whole. "hype" is not delivered for the sole reason of awareness, but because someone is genuinely excited for something to the point that they want to share it with others. And what a great venue for such a thing- a video game forum!

Relax, and open your mind to something else.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Killzone 2 will be better than COD 4, Halo 3, and Gears 2? I find the prospect of that happening to be highly dubious. I will wait until the game releases before I criticize or praise it, but I am not inclined to believe the hype.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Again, I'm not sure you guys wanna overhype this one. Didn't you learn anything from every other PS3 exclusive that has been released this gen? The latest batch have all underpreformed in either sales or reviews or both, to be frank.

It doesn't matter how great the beta online mode is, if the campaign sucks, critics are gonna flame the hell out of it. Look at Resistance 2.

You gain nothing from hyping this. You actually hurt the game by overhyping it. It now, can not do any better than our expectations, and will probably do worse.

Learn lessons, people. Learn from the mistakes of the past.

Resistance 2 had the same and even more glowing impressions from so-called unbiased gamers. Resistance 2 was developed by an even better developer, was a christmas game, and had even more hype.

It turned out to sell modestly, and "only" be pretty good. The Sony haters have yet to stop laughing.

Why, oh why, do you hype your games up so much? Do Wii or 360 owners do this about all their games? Where are the "best game ever" Halo Wars, or Animal Crossing threads?

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Do you figure that if you just hype every game, eventually you will be right? Then what? Who will be owned then? Nobody. Because the game didn't succeed, it will have simply met expectations.

Just say, "Hope it's good" and move on. Trust me, you guys get over-excited at the drop of a hat. You can't tell how a game will be received, no matter how much you play it. Especially if it's a FPS online mode. There are games out there with really, really great, KZ2 quality online modes, already. Every shooter in the past few months has had a killer online mode. Standards have been set. Just saying the online is fun, and the best shooter ever(whatever) doesn't even guarantee the game an 8/10 against today's other shooters. It's all about the campaign and the content.

Even if the game scores well, it's sales might flop. That's even worse. Sales are what make a game important. There is no worse feeling than to have a good game and it not sell a lick.

Just hold off on your excitement and hype for 2 more months, and go play Resistance 2.

If you have nothing good to say then why do you post? WHo are yout o say what to overyhype & what not to overhype??

What is your problem?? I really don't understand what your problem is with PS3 fans hyping games.

Critics FLAMED resistance 2.....so 89 or 88 was it on Gameranking is called "flaming now"

Please spare me the time to tell you how much Wii owners hype as well as 360 owners

Look at The Conduit (we just hada thread on this one today claiming it was AAA n will sell 3million), Alan Wake, Gears 2, Fable 2 (Best RPG ever so calleD), Halo 3 witht eh "finish the fight crap" & many many more

No-one is DOING anything to themselves except for you n your constant blabbering about Ps3 fans being worse than satan.

Oh and about disappointments......which disappointments....what LBP, Resistance 2 (on 2 weeks worth of sales)....oh and MGS4 (now that game bombed didn't it).....remember Uncharted? How it was said it bombed n stuff....we see how that turned out in the end everyone ate crow...

SO please stop making a fool out of yourself in EVERY thread where PS3 fans are hyping games...you say you are unbiased YET you are always the one only saying bad things about PS3 fans....when have you ever said anything against fans of another console....I can;t recall you saying anything like that......all your complaints are AWLAYS directed at PS3 fans...as if they are acting like SATAN

And for gods sake atleast agree to being a fanboy....like most people do instead of hiding behind an arrogant cloth of....."oh I am always right"...."oh I am unbiased"......"oh my posts always make sense".

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey