By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 sales up! Ps3 sales down! (from last year) Worlwide.

allergic said:
it's clear that sony is in a big trouble.

Big trouble... huh. I hope you do not define big trouble as selling 50k less than 360 for few weeks. Where have you been during all this year. Probably you've been crying over 360 under some rock...

Around the Network

Sony in big trouble? hahaha
Sony is working very hard to get the best exclusive software. With games like Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Infamous etc.. they have a great line-up, which will use the PS3's power. Then people will see why it's so much better than 360.
At the end of next year 360 will be in big trouble!

kber81 said:
allergic said:
it's clear that sony is in a big trouble.

Big trouble... huh. I hope you do not define big trouble as selling 50k less than 360 for few weeks. Where have you been during all this year. Probably you've been crying over 360 under some rock...

He is certainly refering to the fact that they are losing billions of dollars. I believe their losses are now at almost triple of what the 360 has (but I'm not sure).

Ries-art said:
Sony in big trouble? hahaha
Sony is working very hard to get the best exclusive software. With games like Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Infamous etc.. they have a great line-up, which will use the PS3's power. Then people will see why it's so much better than 360.
At the end of next year 360 will be in big trouble!

The Ps3 and X360 are very equal. In fact, I'm certain the differences are smaller than GC vs XB. And guess what, people thought the Ps2 was the strongest!

Seriously, everyone can post the good titles for their console, saying that it will prove things. Look here.

Nintendo is working very hard to get the best exclusive software. With games like Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Punch out, SMG 2, Zelda Wii etc.. they have a great line-up, which will use the Wii's control scheme in new miraculous ways. Then people will see how outdated the other console's control scheme really is.
The Ps3 and X360 will be in even bigger trouble!

And I'm sure someone could do it even more pro the 360.

All the consoles have great titles comming out. The Ps3 has the titles you like the best, and that's great for you. Still, that doesn't mean that they are much better than the 360's for someone else.

Look at it this way.

I love mathematics. I hate arts and crafts. I therefore look into math, and know a lot about it (for my age at least). I know next to nothing about A&C. I will therefore say that math is much more complex, and much deeper than A&C.

Whereas TWRoO, who does nothing but paint paintings, will think the exact opposite.

Hmm, not a great example.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@oyvoyvvoy

360 had 2 price cuts in EU this year....whadya you expect?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BTw I believe Ps3 has its price cut exactly this week

thats why you see a 44% increase on the 07 sales page

so I don't know what you expect toastboy

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@oyvoyvvoy

360 had 2 price cuts in EU this year....whadya you expect?

I expected it to have far smaller growths, and Ps3 to have higher, but I was wrong. But I keep heavily overestimating the Ps3, so almost all predictions I have it in become messed up.

Not bashing the Wii but it's the console that needs more games right now. Sure it's shifting H/W due to it's easy to pick up price point. In reality it needs probably more Mario games or something.

EDIT.  Ineed to stop drinking before I reply

Good to see this site is still going 

Oyvoyvoyv said:

He is certainly refering to the fact that they are losing billions of dollars. I believe their losses are now at almost triple of what the 360 has (but I'm not sure).

You can believe whatever you want. Sony is far from being in deep shit. If GC didn't kill Nintendo than definitely PS3 won't kill SCE. Personally i think Sony will have a head start into next gen thanks to Cell (if they will implement it in PS4)

goddog said:
well i dont think gears hs anything to do with it, last year sony put on a christmas price cut, for the second one in one year, really helped them own christmas. here ms put on one (in the states) and two in most other regions to spur sales in an older console (benifit of keeping costs down they can do it)

sonys issue is very simple, but very hard to deal with, at this point shareholders might riot, if they cut the price on the ps3 before the gaming arm posts a profit for a quarter which has not happend, though they might through this quarter losses were not so bad last one. but expect a cut as soon as sony can afford it

Sony has had 1 $100 price cut for the PS3 lifetime.  The redesigned 40 Gig PS3 was introduced for $400 replacing the 20 Gig at $500.

Sony is also on pace to meet their shipment target of 10 million for 2008 and they were able to outsell the 360 for most of the year despite the significant price advantage the 360 had.  The fact that Sony is able to meet their sales expectations despite the competition being more than half the price is pretty amazing.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

kber81 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

You can believe whatever you want. Sony is far from being in deep shit. If GC didn't kill Nintendo than definitely PS3 won't kill SCE. Personally i think Sony will have a head start into next gen thanks to Cell (if they will implement it in PS4)

Just so that you know it, GBA + GC made Nintendo more money than the Ps2 made Sony (or about as much). Yeah, I'm serious.

I'm not saying it will kill SCE, but they are still losing lots of money, so saying that Sony is doing great is fooling yourself (with the Ps3, the PsP and Ps2 are doing awesome).