By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now is the time to buy a wii

If any of you havent purchased a wii, and are wanting to, now is your biggest chance.

Why? Well its in stock in EVERY SINGLE RETAILER. Its amazing, I went to gamestop yesterday, and I saw a sign saying "Wii's in STOCK!", and I was shocked that the guy had 32 wiis in the store alone, and have lots more coming in. This could mean a huge spike in wii sales, Basically everyone that wants a wii can get one now.

I believe that in NA alone the wii can blast through 400k if the demand is there.

mM
Around the Network

I saw a guy buy 10 wiis at costco.

Heh wonder how long that'll last.

There were like 70 at a costco i was at. All sold out by the end of buisness.

Paul said:
I saw a guy buy 10 wiis at costco.

I don't think he's going to make the money he was expecting to make off them this time around....  Who knows though.... once Black Friday hits all bets are off.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Ive seen wii's in stores, but not this many, and not at every retailer I go to, every online retailer has the wii in stock as well..

gamestop, bestbuy, circuitcity, amazon, you name it, they have it

mM
Around the Network

This is for animal crossing and black friday, although the intent is for it to last until early december, i'm skeptical, my guess is it will all be gone by the end of the black friday weekend

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Same thing at our store, but we get em in and as soon as we run low (which only takes a few days) we get another huge shipment, it's insane especially if I thought back to last year when we only got in about 6 at a time... and it would be about every 2 weeks.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Between the current production rate, and the back stock from when production was increased back in June/July, I have a hard time seeing the Wii being bought for anything more than the $249 MSRP this season. Only if you lived in a poorly stocked, smaller market.

Of course, I did say about a month ago that the weeks leading up to Black Friday would be the best time to buy one, just based upon availability. I've been seeing them on store shelves regularly since about the end of summer.

Whether or not that changes once the holiday shopping season officially kicks off remains to be seen.

There may well be a mob of console flippers returning stock to retail outlets if not.

I foresee a lot of Wii's going unsold on ebay.

It's the same thing here in Quebec. I, too, saw a lot of signs saying "Wii's in STOCK!" on many store windows. I can't wait to see Wii's sales this week.