By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Interesting, $499 160gb ps3 released yesterday sold out instantly gamestop

Well yea compared to 2007, the ps3 has been doing godly this year.

mM
Around the Network

@the prof000

GBA vs PS3 days

things really can't ever get as bad....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, the 160SKU is limited edition here, so they might actually not be releasing a whole lot of them, meaning they sell out quite fast, because there are just very few to get.

Nice, the 160GB is showing some value. But then again its only the first batch. Let's see what it does in a couple of weeks from now.

Uncharted is by far one of the best games out on the PS3, it's absolutely breathtaking and the gameplay is phenom!

Around the Network

Gameboy advance vs ps3 days? man that sounds harsh. I don't remember it being that bad...

Good thing if it sell well.

Just like 80GB model release boosted PS3 sales, so and new 160GB mdel will boost some sales.
Good thing, that`s all.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

papflesje said:
Well, the 160SKU is limited edition here, so they might actually not be releasing a whole lot of them, meaning they sell out quite fast, because there are just very few to get.

its limited edition? can you show me where you see that?

axumblade said:
Max King of the Wild said:
papflesje said:

its limited edition? can you show me where you see that?

It's limited edition in the sense that Motorstorm and Metal Gear Solid 4 were.

you responded really quick. And thats what I was thinking too. But it sounds like he is saying the model is limited.