By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: Top 11 Video Game Endings

FF7 ending was great. Mainly because the ending wasn't a generic "the good guys win". The heroes just watched as things beyond their control took place. Without the retcon of Advent Children, up to that point I'd assumed Holy whiped the humans from the earth in order to save it from Meteor and for it's own survival.

FF8 was just that, an ending. FFX was good mind you

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

No MGS2: SoL? Easily number 1 ending of any VG and it easily blows out even MGS1's ending out of the water. In fact every MGS ending belongs in the top 10 and xenogears as well.

theprof00 said:
i expected some better endings.

No ff8?
xenogears?
suikoden 2?
i could go on and on

THIS!!

Any of the four endings of Suikoden II is better than all the endings in that list

FFX, Prince of Persia Two Thrones, MGS2 and Xenosaga III would make my list also

Half life 2 ep. 2 anyone?

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

The Fury said:
FF7 ending was great. Mainly because the ending wasn't a generic "the good guys win". The heroes just watched as things beyond their control took place. Without the retcon of Advent Children, up to that point I'd assumed Holy whiped the humans from the earth in order to save it from Meteor and for it's own survival.

FF8 was just that, an ending. FFX was good mind you

Oh cmon ff8 ballroom ending was one of the best endings of all time. It was perfect, from the music to the presentation.... oh man cmon, honestly

exactly i just thought holy wiped out all the humans, I was like "oooooooo..K......?"

cmon, here is 7

Now, here is the ff8 ballroom scene which you'll need to see to understand the ending.

And here is ff8 ending, brilliant

wow i get chills every single time. Watch through the credits there is more footage

Around the Network
swyggi said:
Khuutra said:
This list is highly objectionable. The inclusion of Final Fantasy 7 just invalidates it.

*walks in topic whistling*

*sees several elitist rpg gamers*

*walks out topic farting*

I'm allowed to say that FF7's ending sucked without being an "elitist RPG gamer", which I'm not. Haven't played enough of them to call myself that.

MGS 3 ending was EPIC!

It single-handedly turned the viallin of the game into one of the most loved & respected characters of the serires (Boss) & also made the actions of Big Boss make sense.
_____

FF7 ending was CRAP!....dunno why its there!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

No one mentioned The Wind Waker's ending?

I mean, who wasn't shocked to see Link thrust his sword into poor Ganondorf's skull? Plus, his final words "Heh. The wind, it is blowing" mark the end of his villainous rule (for now) . Great stuff.

Gets my stamp of approval anyways.

Also: I wouldn't expect any games newer than the 32-bit era, since the site that this article is from purports to be an "old game" sort of site.

I don't know what they were thinking about with contra....