By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COD5 sales surpass 400k for PS3

@Ajax

I wish we could be aliens destroying humans.

We deserve it after destroying this planet....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Darthdevidem01 defender of everything sony, when even leo-j doesn't care! :P
Has a nice ring to it. Doesn't it Darth?

darthdevidem01 said:
Incandescence said:
Cue more rabid fanboys downplaying the site's numbers because the game didn't sell as well as expected on their beloved system. Pitiful.

do you have the inside scoop on COD 5 numbers??

otherwise WTH are you talking about?

The near future. If the sales go below anything expected, then you may as well expect a lot of shit to be thrown around. It is inevitable.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Incandescence said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Incandescence said:
Cue more rabid fanboys downplaying the site's numbers because the game didn't sell as well as expected on their beloved system. Pitiful.

The near future. If the sales go below anything expected, then you may as well expect a lot of shit to be thrown around. It is inevitable.

SO unless people un-register from COD 5 leaderboards...how will sales of 360K minimmum go down?

darthdevidem01 said:
Incandescence said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Incandescence said:

SO unless people un-register from COD 5 leaderboards...how will sales of 360K minimmum go down?

Who knows? If it happens, expect a meltdown and lots of shit to be thrown around. Simple as that. I don't see the point in getting all fussy over sales, but stuff happens. You never know. Read the rest of the posts. I'm not saying that the sales will be abysmal, so no need to get defensive about an interwebz matter.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network
Incandescence said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Incandescence said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Incandescence said:

Who knows? If it happens, expect a meltdown and lots of shit to be thrown around. Simple as that. I don't see the point in getting all fussy over sales, but stuff happens. You never know. Read the rest of the posts. I'm not saying that the sales will be abysmal, so no need to get defensive about an interwebz matter.

ok I'm just not able to understand how it can happen.

Based on leaderboards we know that Warhawk has sold well over 700k copies now, but the numbers are nowhere close to being adjusted.

Isn't it possible that people made multiple accounts? I mean for socom I had two, one account as beginner and one account when I actually knew how to play? Both account still appeared on the leaderboard.

Thus wouldn't the leaderboard based sales be unjust.

Acevil said:

Isn't it possible that people made multiple accounts? I mean for socom I had two, one account as beginner and one account when I actually knew how to play? Both account still appeared on the leaderboard.

Thus wouldn't the leaderboard based sales be unjust.

Very true, but it's also true that some people never play online, I have 2 friends that bought Warhawk and only play with their immediate friends and family and never got online with it once (I don't even think they have a PSN account), I have another friend that only played a couple of unranked games and never played the game again because it was "too dificult" and still has the copy of the game.
Leaderboards are not perfect, but are a good measure.

@Fila

what!

did your friends not know online was important for warhawk?