By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Similarities between last Gen and this Gen..

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Aj_habfan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
As i've always been saying. This is a mirror of last gens war, just in reverse. The PS3 is the Xbox and the 360 is the PS2.

I'd say Xbox 360 is still the Xbox, PS3 is the gamecube, and Wii is the PS2.

PS3 is the gamecube? Such blasphemy, your opinion disturbs me... !)And Wii is the PS2? LOL oh please dont even go there. and as for the Xbox 360 and Xbox, thats quite off aswell, the 360 is far better "Games Wise" then that crap console.

All in all, i'd say the next gen consoles are "Mixs" of last gen with some Portable Spice to it.

hey, hey, hey,... relax man this thread wasn't out to piss people off, just showing some similarities.

In all aspects as of now, what the poster you quoted stated really isn't false, in this point in time in rank from last gen.

I didn't intend this thread to go sale by sale, it was just a little tid-bit on similarities between the 2 consoles.

!) for the record, the Wii is like the PS2, it's selling amazingly like the PS2, sooo..... I would say that comparison is spot on.  Toward what the person you were quoting I mean.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
sega4life said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Aj_habfan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
As i've always been saying. This is a mirror of last gens war, just in reverse. The PS3 is the Xbox and the 360 is the PS2.

I'd say Xbox 360 is still the Xbox, PS3 is the gamecube, and Wii is the PS2.

PS3 is the gamecube? Such blasphemy, your opinion disturbs me... !)And Wii is the PS2? LOL oh please dont even go there. and as for the Xbox 360 and Xbox, thats quite off aswell, the 360 is far better "Games Wise" then that crap console.

All in all, i'd say the next gen consoles are "Mixs" of last gen with some Portable Spice to it.

hey, hey, hey,... relax man this thread wasn't out to piss people off, just showing some similarities.

In all aspects as of now, what the poster you quoted stated really is false, in this point in time in rank from last gen.

I didn't intend this thread to go sale by sale, it was just a little tid-bit on similarities between the 2 consoles.

!) for the record, the Wii is like the PS2, it's selling amazingly like the PS2, sooo..... I would say that comparison is spot on.  Toward what the person you were quoting I mean.

Nah im not upset dude, its just that guys opinion if though hes intitled to it, was a really, really crapy one lol no offence.

As for the Wii thing, i mean in terms of Total JRPG's, not Total sales, in sales Yes its like the PS2, in JRPG's Ask guys like Soriku and tres they'll agree with me.

Offtopic: is that jessica alba chillin in your avatar btw?

sega4life said:

Xbox games were in HD not the 480p games but the 720p and 1080i games, It was the first HD system.

The PS2 had HD games, GT4 ran at 1080i.

Griffin said:
sega4life said:

Xbox games were in HD not the 480p games but the 720p and 1080i games, It was the first HD system.

Whenever I run anything on my PS2 with a greater resolution than 480p, the screen gets rediculously small. Am I doing something wrong?

Pretty broad but true.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
sega4life said:

yes and Tourist Trophy, but other then those 2 games the rest would do at best 480p.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Pretty fair statements. However, considering the wide range of games (with a few minor exceptions) and the sales curve, Wii is closer to PS2 than 360, but under the specifics you outlined, yeah you're right.

Shhhhhhhhh

if we ignore the Wii, it will go away.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

PS2 became the Wii - least powerful, highest sales, caters to casual and hardcore
GC became the PS3 - Shadow of a company's former glory, gone are the masses - only the fanboys remain
xbox became the 360 - The console of choice of shooting games

superchunk said:
Pretty fair statements. However, considering the wide range of games (with a few minor exceptions) and the sales curve, Wii is closer to PS2 than 360, but under the specifics you outlined, yeah you're right.

The Wii is not close to the PS2 in games. The games attract a totally different crowd. The 360 attracts a more similar crowd than the Wii. The Wii is on it's own like Nintendo products always are win or lose.