By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World of Goo has 90% piracy rate

sc94597 said:
@Onyxmeth There is a way to pirate virtual console and wiiware games.

Really? That's surprising. Nintendo is really slacking on their security then. The purchasing system shouldn't be hackable.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Which is why I have such distaste for people who do such or even download the pirated things. If only they'd understand it's better for the industry to just fork out the money. Now look what's being done to a great game by a small dev. Your killing the industry this way guys ya just don't know it yet.

@Onyxmeth By "purchasing system" do you mean shop channel? If so it's not done through the shop channel but through SD cards.

scottie said:
That sucks - what's the game like? convince me to buy it

You can convince yourself for free, if you want.

http://www.acid-play.com/download/tower-of-goo/

This is the freeware Tower of Goo. It's got many of the same ideas, but it's not as fleshed out as World is. Still good, though. Try it yourself, and see if the rest of the game is worth your while.

Aj_habfan said:
Played demo on steam, it's alright, but what's with the 90%+ reviews? I think it's overrated.

Different strokes for different folks.

I too have only played the demo, love it and think it deserves every 90+ review it deserves.

I'll be buying it on Wiiware as soon as i get back to Oz.

Around the Network

i did my part, bought it on WW.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Damn, I hate to buy games just for sympathy towards the developer ...
It is only 10 bucks. Hurry someone tell me a good reason to avoid this game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I'm going to buy 100 copies of this game on Wiiware and send them out as presents to people. First come first serve!

At least, that's what I feel like saying. If only I had infinite monies. =(

ItsaMii said:

*invents something*

It looks like a Capcom-made game. You know how you love them, eh? ;)

@ wfz: That avatar totally makes sense after what you just wrote!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

ItsaMii said:

It's actually $15!

Did that, er, "help"?