By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - World of Goo has 90% piracy rate

^ Yeah, its a sorry state of affairs indeed.
And the guy in the screen shot will never make it like that.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:

@ smallflyingtaco: Ditto!

Also, it helped me get a correct guess in Round 9 of the VGC Music Riddle thread! ... At least, I think so. o_O

Thanks! Now if you excuse me, I have some videos to check in Youtube

zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Also, it helped me get a correct guess in Round 9 of the VGC Music Riddle thread! ... At least, I think so. o_O

Oh no you didn't...!!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I would have thought that would be pretty standard piracy figure for most PC games these days except for those played online which require a logon/subscription.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Oh no you didn't...!!

Well, I just can't ignore it, I didn't come here looking for hints, but I stumble upon this...I can't turn a blind eye, I must verify if you're correct...for your own safety, my score has nothing to do with this

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Oh no you didn't...!!

Well, I just can't ignore it, I didn't come here looking for hints, but I stumble upon this...I can't turn a blind eye, I must verify if you're correct...for your own safety, my score has nothing to do with this

Actually, I think it isn't even from World of Goo (relistening to the 10 songs file now...).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

LOL people are bad...

scottie said:
That sucks - what's the game like? convince me to buy it

I'm not going to try to convince you.  Just buy it.  You'll thank me later.

sc94597 said:
I'm assuming this percentage is only the PC version right? Hopefully the Wii version isn't anywhere close to 90%.

Unless something went down in the modding scene since the last time I paid any attention, the WiiWare version shouldn't be able to be pirated. The reason this game has a 90% piracy rate on PC is because it's free of DRM. I don't know if DRM would have helped matters but it sure couldn't have made it worse. This shows that the answer to combating piracy has nothing to do with DRM or no DRM but with some other method entirely.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@Onyxmeth There is a way to pirate virtual console and wiiware games.