By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft looks to 100 million consoles with 360, NPD to show 2:1 ratio to PS3 for October

I was about to congratulate MS on this months success over PS3

but if their gonna start making ridiculous staments like these I'm reconsidering..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

A little optimistic. Odds are, they won't even reach half that. Maybe they were just misquoted?...........Nah they weren't.

The 360 reaching 100m is IMPOSSIBLE...IMPOSSIBLE...IMPOSSIBLE. Unless it sells at a rate twice that of the Wii (IMPOSSIBLE), there is no way the system can sell another 75m in another 5 years (the maximum amount of time before some system's successor is released.)

15m a year from here on out until 2013............ HAHAHAHA

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

i say 72 million

Jajaj Microsoft is crazy

Max. 50M X360
Max 5 billion Wiis
Max 75M PS3

100 Million is a long ways from where it is today.

Around the Network

100 million isnt possible for microsoft IMO, I honestly believe a $299 PS3 will have a significant effect on the console war.

mM
The_God_of_War said:
That's insanity. I can see the PS3 one day reching 100 million but not the 360.

What?

How does a console that is doing worse than the Xbox 360 have a valid chance of more than doubling it's lifetime sales?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i have to agree with what most have said....100 mil is impossible.....my most OPTIMISTIC guess would be 70 million and i think there is slim chance of that

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

100 million is far better than some of the pathetic predicitions made on this website.

Xbox 360 isn't going to die after this year. People predicting 30 - 40 need to actually look at the numbers and think logically.

That said I think 100 mill is a looong stretch and it wont make it.

starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
That's insanity. I can see the PS3 one day reching 100 million but not the 360.

What?

How does a console that is doing worse than the Xbox 360 have a valid chance of more than doubling it's lifetime sales?

$199 vs $399

Playstation 1: 104M

playstation 2: 135M(and counting)

playstation 3: XXM

Thats why the PS3 has a chance

mM