By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the POOREST you've ever been?

1983 was a bad year for me I was out of work for 6 months.

Doing OK now thank goodness.

Around the Network

Right now, but I'm still absoulty fine. I've never been poor thankfully.

I come from a well off family, but i have always been in a lot of debt. Call it expensive tastes.
i was kicked out of home last year by a christian zealot whose only focus is polishing the halo floating above her head, so i had some hard times this year, but i always managed to live comfortably even with only working part time at a supermarket and doing some tertiary study.
Next year i plan on going to university so i'll have to see how well i cope with being THAT poor. The government pays for most the school fees here (in australia) so i should be fine, a scholarship would be nice but i didnt pay much attention in high school so thats out of the question !
im just trying to get my credit card paid off before next year !

my family always has times of prosperity and times when we need money so we have to cut back at some things... ( video games is always the first thing to be cut off )

now we're getting to the times we need money, luckily I have saved up for animal crossing, the game I have been anticipating since they have announced it during E3.

Probably now, as I'm unemployed :P

Around the Network

What do you think causes people to become dirt poor? Is it mostly bad luck (born poor) or is it because of laziness, lack of planning, lack of self-discipline, or lack of intelligence (whether due to laziness or just bad luck of being born kinda slow)?

When I was 2 I had zero dollars and zero cents.... does that count?

4 ≈ One

One time I got kicked out of my house, and my girlfriend dumped me, and I had Japanese finals, all in the same week. I slept on my friend's couch and in my car while I studied for finals and looked for a job. That was a pretty hilarious adventure of a summer.

Probably when I was an infant.

-Edit: Damn! My answer was already taken!

I usually have some money. I've never been at a point where I couldn't get food or gas or whatever. At some points during school it would dip pretty low and I'd have to rely on ramen and pasta. Nothing too bad.

If you count debt, then right now I have -$55,000 thanks to school loans. Hooray higher education!