By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP , R2 ..............(sigh)

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Johann said:
Well, anyone who bases their purchases on how much a game has sold is a winner in my book!

I really hope your joking or your gonna get flamed by fanboys left and right.

Since your sarcasm detector is broken i'll let you borrow mine....

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Johann said:
Well, anyone who bases their purchases on how much a game has sold is a winner in my book!

the guy couldn't have been more clear with that sarcasm. *sighs*, i'm beginning to lose hope in humanity. :(

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
gebx said:
Username2324 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Username2324 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
True WINNERS in this thread: ssj12, username, leo-j. All this “oh Sony is soooooo doomed” crap is a little ridiculous. Resistance 2 and LBP are nothing short of masterpieces and anyone who owns, and is currently playing them, knows this. @ OP: you should just go play games and have fun, not dwell on who sells the most since you have NO control over it anyway.

Um...I don't think LBP and Resistance 2 are bad games dude. I was talking about sales issues on Sony's part.

It doesn't appear  that you have a PS3, so I ask, how would you know whether each game was good or not? Perhaps a 30 second peak at a friends, hmm?

Actually yesterday I treated myself a PS3. I'm buying MGS4 on friday.

Yesterday... And in that time you've been able to complete LBP and Resistance 2?

@Username

See highlighted...

On Topic - I think everyone is missing the point here... Why create a game that will cost you more to develop on the console that sells less software??

As long as the 360 keeps increasing its lead you'll see more exclusives (timed or not) heading to the 360 by third party developers. More PC developers will create 360 ports, and more games will lead to more console sales.

The PS3 is in trouble, a price cut saved it last time in Europe and almost killed the 360 in Europe. Another one is needed really soon, cause the nails are starting to pile up next to the coffin again (I'm not saying the PS3 is dead, I'm just saying the undertaker is starting to collect his stuff)

Because by creating games on the PS3 it is easier to port to other platforms thus saving you money. Hint hint look at what EA is doing... We've also seen the PS3 creating more revenue for developers. And people need to knock it off with this "the PS3 is in trouble" business. Just take a peak at the front page, costs 2x as much, sells just as many... Kinda makes you think doesn't it?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Johann said:

Sarcasm detectors is the one thing you can't buy the cheap stuff.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

gebx said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Johann said:

Aw, thanks i lost mine.

Around the Network
Johann said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Johann said:

Sarcasm detectors is the one thing you can't buy the cheap stuff.

Its all good, gebx let me brrow his.

Username2324 said:
gebx said:
Username2324 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Username2324 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
True WINNERS in this thread: ssj12, username, leo-j. All this “oh Sony is soooooo doomed” crap is a little ridiculous. Resistance 2 and LBP are nothing short of masterpieces and anyone who owns, and is currently playing them, knows this. @ OP: you should just go play games and have fun, not dwell on who sells the most since you have NO control over it anyway.

Um...I don't think LBP and Resistance 2 are bad games dude. I was talking about sales issues on Sony's part.

It doesn't appear  that you have a PS3, so I ask, how would you know whether each game was good or not? Perhaps a 30 second peak at a friends, hmm?

Actually yesterday I treated myself a PS3. I'm buying MGS4 on friday.

Yesterday... And in that time you've been able to complete LBP and Resistance 2?

@Username

See highlighted...

On Topic - I think everyone is missing the point here... Why create a game that will cost you more to develop on the console that sells less software??

As long as the 360 keeps increasing its lead you'll see more exclusives (timed or not) heading to the 360 by third party developers. More PC developers will create 360 ports, and more games will lead to more console sales.

The PS3 is in trouble, a price cut saved it last time in Europe and almost killed the 360 in Europe. Another one is needed really soon, cause the nails are starting to pile up next to the coffin again (I'm not saying the PS3 is dead, I'm just saying the undertaker is starting to collect his stuff)

Because by creating games on the PS3 it is easier to port to other platforms thus saving you money. Hint hint look at what EA is doing... We've also seen the PS3 creating more revenue for developers. And people need to knock it off with this "the PS3 is in trouble" business. Just take a peak at the front page, costs 2x as much, sells just as many... Kinda makes you think doesn't it?

and sells more on europe = bigger profits

EA is happy selling FIFA 09 there

I think the big point people are missing here is that a game doesn't have to be a million seller to make money, and be profitable.

Therefore the argument that the 360 will get all kinds of exclusives because it can sell 2 million instead of just 1 million is invalid. That 1 million will still make the developer plenty of money and make the game worth it.

you're buying a 360 because its games are selling more?

you're saying ps3 games suck because they're not selling as much?

idiot.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
hatmoza 2.0 said:

these 2 games were supose to be sonys big weapons !!! what happened?

1 Gears of War 2 2,139,656

Wii Sports

3 LittleBigPlanet 358,354
4 Wii Fit 309,981

Resistance 2

"fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me"

for the second time sony has let the PS3s price tag bring it down it didnt respond to 360s price drop ,and yet again gets dropped kicked in the face, my hat goes off to microsoft they played there cards well and finaly made me realize , that the 360 is where harcore gamers should be , because in the end its all about the games , and we shouldnt bitch about features that no one realy gives a ratsass about !

as a semi hardcoe gamer you still have my love Sony but 1st thing sunday im buying a new 360 !

It's called having a shitty installed base. 1/4 of the current installed base actually pushes units and thats not enough, because those are only the top tier games. Why don't people listen when I say that the PS3 installed base has a neglectful portion of non gamers who only bought it because its a cheap Blu Ray player? Sony shot themselves in the foot selling to two different markets, because it lowered expectancies for game sales without them knowing it. They knew they were taking a risk in losing money, but didn't know that so many people who were non gamers would buy the PS3. Tsk....dumbasses.

You know what a non-gamer is, yes?

I doubt any of them bought the PS3. The people who buy it are probably going to be in the age range for games. It is these people who also perchase the system for Blu-Ray. The system is a black product (as appose to a light product like the Wii is trying to be). The dark products are for higher tier consumers. It would be strange for someone to want Blu-Ray, but not games. The possibilities seem too low. Non-gamers, typically, wont buy something if it is too expensive which the PS3 is.