By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shouldn`t it be less then 2 mln. of Gears 2 on VGChartz first week?

markers said:
alright this is what he is trying to say, both gears 2 and LBP had broken street dates and sold early. LBP sales before the release were counted as a 'week 0' while gears 2 was counted normally. all he wants is that LBP 'week 0' be erased and instead just added to its normal 'week 1' like gears 2 has been doing...atleast thats what i got from this whole thing

Reading is fundamental...He thought Sunday sales were counted when the sales should have only been for Friday and Staurday. Not to worry because ioi only counted Friday and Saturday sales as well as gave a preview of next weeks sales. You got it now?

Off topic I really wish the fanboys would stop crying about LBP sales. Go make your friends by it or buy extra copies if you really want the numbers to be higher. I can't imagine the heart attacks that will occur if Killzone 2 doesn't light up the charts upon release.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Gears of War 2

Week 1 n/a - 1,306,571 - 589,673 - 1,896,244

=)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

Gears of War 2

Week 1 n/a - 1,306,571 - 589,673 - 1,896,244

=)

I knew it.  Gears 2 sold like crap.

kn said:
I used to get irritated by all the 360-related vitriol and hate. Now I just laugh at how stupid it has become. This is another epic fail thread among many. Gears sold well. Really well. Deal with it and move on.

Just for the occasion, I think it would be approriate to go back to your Fenix avatar.

OT: 2 million is 2 million, Crazzy. LBP sold what it did - it's slowly getting sales. That's no bull, no bias.

@ Crazzy:

U MAD SON?? GRRRRRR

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

CrazzyMan, we feel your pain...
It must hurts being a Sony Fanboy.

Please accept our empathy... from all of us.

My Gaming Setup

RolStoppable said:
What difference would it make (just assuming you are right) if the sales would be moved from week one to week two? Why would this matter?

4 ≈ One