By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VgChartz Awards 2008

The coolest user in VGC!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

when can we start voting on stuff?

Thread most likely to not have votes?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

We should also have "Member who goes unnoticed".

But then, Kasz would still not get an award.

And I think I would have a shot at Thread of the Year with my Valkyria Chronicles thread.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I would humbly suggest that the categories find there way out of the gutter. Firstly to even list someone for a negative category you must gain their consent, otherwise apparently your flaming another poster. Trust me the moderators are ridiculously obsessive about this one. You cannot even say this is how they seem to me, because there is no difference between perception and reality. So you can say that poster seems like a lunatic to me, and you have called that person a lunatic. Thus you are banned.

Secondly your never actually going to be able to give such a reward to the person truly deserving of it. They will never volunteer, and those that volunteer are just attention whores. Honestly those posters could be banned, and the conversation would actually become better. These are also the same posters that pad their counts, by contributing a single line to every post they join in.

Might I suggest positive poster benchmarks. That are less about popularity contests, and more about recognizing the posters for what they do positively.

Scholar for the most learned poster on the subject, but is not a staff member.
Writer for the poster that crafts their words into a thing of awe.
Archivist for the poster that is on the spot with the necessary link.
Humorist the poster that is funniest. Not the most laughed at or most fun.
Taxidermist the poster that works a subject tills its dead, stuffed, and mounted.
Semantic the poster that debates the definition of words the most.
FUBAR the poster that is most likely to leave you that in a debate.
Visualist the poster that uses videos or pics to greatest effect in reference to the thread. Not the best signature of avatar, but the poster that used a relevant visual aid to the subject.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I would humbly suggest that the categories find there way out of the gutter. Firstly to even list someone for a negative category you must gain their consent, otherwise apparently your flaming another poster. Trust me the moderators are ridiculously obsessive about this one. You cannot even say this is how they seem to me, because there is no difference between perception and reality. So you can say that poster seems like a lunatic to me, and you have called that person a lunatic. Thus you are banned.

Secondly your never actually going to be able to give such a reward to the person truly deserving of it. They will never volunteer, and those that volunteer are just attention whores. Honestly those posters could be banned, and the conversation would actually become better. These are also the same posters that pad their counts, by contributing a single line to every post they join in.

Might I suggest positive poster benchmarks. That are less about popularity contests, and more about recognizing the posters for what they do positively.

I very much agree with this post

Richest VGChartz member
Most posts in 2008
Most threads created in 2008

Best Signature
The poorest not banned right now member on VGChartz

Of course, none of these but Best Signature have any voting for them.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I think a better vote would include which categories Zenfoldor does not win by default, and everyone gets one vote, highest category wins.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

^ agreed.

I'll try to keep the negative categories to a minimun

^_^