By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what will Gear of war 2's second week be like?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
a game like gears of war will always sell the most on its 1st week, after that it wont sell much. i dont know why people are expecting this to reach halo 3 like numbers. it should make it to 5 million easily but not 8 million. it just isnt going to sell another 6 million.

Halo numbers span up to 8 Million. Gears 2 is expected to sell 5-6 Million units. Gears 2 will most likely reach 6 million somewhere near february/march. It might reach 7 M by may so who knows?

yep, it should max out at about 5 million, which is excellent but these days people call that a flop. there aint many games out there that sell 5 million on one platform.

Around the Network

Yeah it should do around 500k second week. I still need to buy it :(

TRios_Zen said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
a game like gears of war will always sell the most on its 1st week, after that it wont sell much. i dont know why people are expecting this to reach halo 3 like numbers. it should make it to 5 million easily but not 8 million. it just isnt going to sell another 6 million.

Halo numbers span up to 8 Million. Gears 2 is expected to sell 5-6 Million units. Gears 2 will most likely reach 6 million somewhere near february/march.

Can't you see though STAGE that everyone who has ever wanted Gears 2 has already bought it, just as anyone who wanted Gears 2 already had a 360?  ...

true, im sure most of the gears fans already bought the game, which is why the 1st week sales are really high. its front loaded but it doesnt mean it will stop selling all of a sudden. it should keep going but will keep slowing down.

TRios_Zen said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Halo numbers span up to 8 Million. Gears 2 is expected to sell 5-6 Million units. Gears 2 will most likely reach 6 million somewhere near february/march.

Can't you see though STAGE that everyone who has ever wanted Gears 2 has already bought it, just as anyone who wanted Gears 2 already had a 360?  ...

Not true. not even close to 1/4 of the of the installed base of the 360 has purchased Gears 2. You are so incorrect you don't even understand. Gears is expected to sell 5-6 Million unit and if Epic is lucky...more.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Halo numbers span up to 8 Million. Gears 2 is expected to sell 5-6 Million units. Gears 2 will most likely reach 6 million somewhere near february/march. It might reach 7 M by may so who knows?

yep, it should max out at about 5 million, which is excellent but these days people call that a flop. there aint many games out there that sell 5 million on one platform.

I wont max out at 5 million. A million more than that an i'll max out.

Around the Network

I'd say 800,000-1,100,000 is a good estimate for NA/PAL numbers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

i think it will max out at 5 million, like the first one.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Um, the Xbox 360 has a much larger installed base than the first game and the game has recieved more hype. Why should I expect 5 million?

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Hmm....I think the game has a solid chance of selling more than the first one.

You think it won't?

I hope you have a greater reasoning than "only people who bought the first one will buy Gears 2."

That is ignorant logic. It fails to factor in anything, like hype, increased userbase, game rentals, and resells, pacing, and...well, it's just an ignorant assumption.

Saying that only people who bought the predecessor of any game, would buy said game...is ignorant.

It becomes abundantly clear, when you state it like that.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.