By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PSP sells 2 million in France and 8 million games" - Gamekyo

TWRoO said:
Oh, and I don't think France would have so much supply.... given it is Christmas there could be (likely given PSPs past shipment history) a slight overstuffing of the channels, but not to the tune of 200k.

Maximum would be more like 100k, 130 at a real push (like X360 Christmas 2006 push)

If Kirby would have asked I would have said 90-100kk. If there are 1.5mil in the channels and France is about 5% of sales WW then that's about 75k plus a little extra for holidays (even though 1.5mil is already a little extra) would put it at about 100

Around the Network

and as many as 4 UMD movies sold!!

Max King of the Wild said:
kirby007 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
kirby007 said:

I'm gonna make it worse, if this isn't the latest data but say for example till 1 oct.

then there have been even more units on the shelves

you think 200 to (what do you think is more now about 250? 300?) 250/300k psp units are sitting on store shelves in france when france probablly makes up of 5 to less than 10% of ww sales.... It would take over a year to clear those out with frances weekly sales...

if you put faith in VGC numbers yes

You're saying that 16% of WW shipments are in france. When France only makes up of about 9% of European  numbers... Do you see the problem here?

who knows, vgc isn't flawless so i really can't say

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TWRoO: I think its a bit more... when Sony stated that the PSP had shiped 100 million software in the US it was at 40 million and ~ 16-17 million in Japan. ioi stated that PSP software sales are extremly similar to those in the US, so I wouldent be suprised if software shipment in other are at 50-60 million at this point ;)

How many sit on shelves? Well probably a lot, but shipment shouldent be bad at all, especially seeing how games like FIFA 08/09 and PES 08 and probaly 09 did/will do great ;)

Overall I dont think that total worldwide PSP shipment wouldent be more then 140 million from which 120 are actually sold, but it could be also less... but seeing that software sales still have a fairly rising sales trend yoy I do bealive that untill the end of 08 we could see Sony announcing 160 million shipped UMD games ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
TWRoO: I think its a bit more... when Sony stated that the PSP had shiped 100 million software in the US it was at 40 million and ~ 16-17 million in Japan. ioi stated that PSP software sales are extremly similar to those in the US, so I wouldent be suprised if software shipment in other are at 50-60 million at this point ;)

How many sit on shelves? Well probably a lot, but shipment shouldent be bad at all, especially seeing how games like FIFA 08/09 and PES 08 and probaly 09 did/will do great ;)

Overall I dont think that total worldwide PSP shipment wouldent be more then 140 million from which 120 are actually sold, but it could be also less... but seeing that software sales still have a fairly rising sales trend yoy I do bealive that untill the end of 08 we could see Sony announcing 160 million shipped UMD games ;)

Your JP number is just a little bit off. According to Dengeki, PSP is currently at 25m software units sold.

Here it is -

software LTD

NDS 110.843.084
PSP 25.130.186
WII 24.161.804
PS3 7.043.254
360 3.540.713

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

Yes you are probably right, as that would only give it a ~2 attach ratio.

From here: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatapspsoft_e.html they produced (not sold to retail, but with SW there isn't too much difference) 38 million a year and a half ago, I think they have probably shipped more like 60 million to the "others" region, which would give an attach ratio of about 4... which is the same as France has for these figures.

OmG PsP SoFtWaRe undertracked!!!

TWRoO said:
hunter_alien said:

Yes you are probably right, as that would only give it a ~2 attach ratio.

From here: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatapspsoft_e.html they produced (not sold to retail, but with SW there isn't too much difference) 38 million a year and a half ago, I think they have probably shipped more like 60 million to the "others" region, which would give an attach ratio of about 4... which is the same as France has for these figures.

Its actually funny, that Japan, the most PSP-friendly region is the one that brings down the PSP attach ratio to horrible levels...

It could do better in the US and EU to, no doubt but a ~ 4:1 attach ratio is not that bad... now a 2:1... ouch :(

EDIT: wtf... that reports shows that PSP software shipment had reached 100 million at the end of Q1 07... why the hell did we get the report at the beginning of this year?... thats strange... If those numbers are trully correct, then we might see PSP software shipment reach 200 million in the first half of next year... wow, Im confused... anyone has any data regarding this years shipment?

Star Scream said:
hunter_alien said:

Your JP number is just a little bit off. According to Dengeki, PSP is currently at 25m software units sold.

Here it is -

software LTD

NDS 110.843.084
PSP 25.130.186
WII 24.161.804
PS3 7.043.254
360 3.540.713

I was talking about early Q1 reports, and I was using VGC numbers ;) Not present day and not Dengeki :P But its even better this way because then the PSP attach ratio at least gets a bit above 2:1 in Japan :D

True.