By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Top 50 vgchartz games are almost all nintendo

B no means am I biased to any system, but I would like to know why 46/50 games on the top 50 are all nintendo games? And games like kingdomhearts, god of war, and devil may cry have a score lower than an 8. If you guys think that something should be done about write it down in a comment of what should be done and hopefully a mod will read this thread and pass it on to ioi.

What Id like to see be done is limit the vote to 1 per person,and in order to rank the game the person must be asked a question about the game to see if he or she has plyed that game. Also to change the number of votes to 0 on everygame and start over.

mM
Around the Network

It's possibly the opinion of the majority of the people (yes there is also bias involved). But yeah kingdomhearts and god of war are good games, but there are plenty of old nintendo classics as well. As for devil may cry, that game doesn't even deserve to be in the top 100, let alone top 50.

I agree there should be something to restrict people from useless voting, so your suggestions on those are good.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

the golden sticker on nintendo products, seal of quality, says it all really :p
they're a decade longer in the business so they had a decade longer to create good games, thus this biased scoreboard (not that i don't like it, i completely agree with it)

and, yes, we got a lot of nintendo fans.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

leo-j,

the rating system is just the opionon of the people on this site. People giving games that aren't even released yet giving 10's; well that's just fanboyism. It is true that not everyone has played the games they rate, but most sites have enough people to even it out.

VgChartz doesn't have enough of fans of all sides to better show general opinon.

I guess ....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

1) It's just for kicks...not a serious ranking system.
2) Yeah, there's a lot of Nintendo fans on this site...it's probably about proportional to how many people want a Wii, want a 360, or want a PS3 in real life though...
3) A lot of games deserve a spot up there...most anyway. There's just a lot of games from PS/PS2 that also should be on there as well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )