By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has a Wii Exclusive ever outsell Halo 3 /GTA4 1st day/Week sales?

Will a Wii Exclusive ever outsell Halo 3 /GTA4 1st day/Week sales? Will there ever be? What might?

Around the Network

nope and don't think it ever will.

Nintendo games are all about legs.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

If anyone would, it would've been Mario Kart... But it didn't. Halo 3 and GTA4 are way too frontloaded to even try and compare to. Huge franchises with massive openings...

Nope, and we can add Gears 2 to that list....hopefully!

Nope, but does it really matter?

Around the Network
Naum said:
nope and don't think it ever will.

Nintendo games are all about legs.

This.

Think the only one who can beat Gta4 sales is Gta5, maybe Halo4.

Nintendo has been pretty poor on advertising. They don't really need to because their console is a pop culture phenomenon and everybody knows/wants it already. The main casual, every day Joe market that is.

i don't think so, but wii sports resort could get close maybe.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

It's not likely. Mario Kart and Brawl were the best bets, and seeing as how there's only one of those per generation, it's next to impossible.

Brawl wouldve gotten close with a simultaneous EU release. Cant see any other existing franchise do that, unless the next Zelda game is about space marine Link fighting evil Ganon and his alien minions

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach