By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has a Wii Exclusive ever outsell Halo 3 /GTA4 1st day/Week sales?

monster hunter 3 will be huge.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
DonWii said:
Nope, but does it really matter?

i was gonna say the same thing.

For instance, who the hell cares that Halo 3, GTA 360 and GTA PS3 had huge opening weeks when mario kart has as of now outsold them all?

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

exnoctem said:
DonWii said:

For instance, who the hell cares that Halo 3, GTA 360 and GTA PS3 had huge opening weeks when mario kart has as of now outsold them all?

Well I think it is for bragging rights and ego stroking.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
Nintendo has been pretty poor on advertising. They don't really need to because their console is a pop culture phenomenon and everybody knows/wants it already. The main casual, every day Joe market that is.

I think Nintendo makes the most ads than everybody else, at least in my region. Unless you mean games and not non-games, but still in this case nintendo marketed SMG, Pokemon, MK, Brawl a lot.

exnoctem said:
DonWii said:

exactly

@OP -extremely unlikely

Around the Network

On the Wii there are not so many young nerds that buy a game on first day. But many mature people who buy I game when they have time. So a lot of Wii games have great legs and sell good over month. Most Ps360 games only sell on the first week.

dib8rman said:
monster hunter 3 will be huge.

This!
I dunno if it'll happen. I doubt it BUT I say its the one that has a chance everything else no.

In the end like all posts before me it doesnt matter. Nintendo games have already outsold all those games or will in do time thanks to their legs.=)

@OP
Dunno if you were really interested in this or just wanna try to rub this in Nintendo fans.=P

Those games come bursting out of the gate, but their legs are too small and they trip over themselves quickly. The long-legged Nintendo games are like Paul Bunyan. They're slow, but nothing will ever stop them, and they're cutting down your hardcore forest.

assuming that the Wii Zelda will launch to a userbase of 50m+ i think it has a chance depending on how good it is...

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

No way.

Year 2-3 is usually the time when titles have their top launches. After that, there are simply too many games to compete with, so launces become smaller.

I believe the situation is this for single-platforms (time in all areas)

1st day - Halo 3

1st week - Halo 3- 3.8M

GTA IV (360) 3.4M

Brawl 2.8M,

MKWii  2.4M

Galaxy - 1.1M

1st Month (4 weeks)

Halo 3 - 5.1M

GTA IV - 5.05M

Brawl  4.9M

MKWii  4.6M

Wii Fit - 3.1M

Galaxy - 2.5M

3 Months

Halo 3 - 6.7M

Brawl at 6.45M

MKWii at 6.4M

GTA IV - 5.9M

Super Mario Galaxy - 5.4M

Wii Fit - 5.3M

6 Months -

Wii Fit  9M

MKWii  8.7M

Halo 3 7.5M

Brawl  7.1M

Super Mario Galaxy - 6.3M

GTA IV (360) - 6.2M

So for the first month, Wii games sell far less, for the next 2 months, about the same as the other blockbusters, but then, the 2 Wii games take off (compared to the others). Brawl, Wii's biggest opener, is really just selling on par with Halo 3. 

For 12 months, I suspect it will look something like this.

Wii Fit - 16M

Mario Kart Wii - 14.5M

Brawl - 8.25M

Halo 3 - 8.25M (this has already reached it, so no speculation).

SMG - 7.3M (already reached, no speculation)

GTA IV - 7.3M

BTW, I just realized this had very little to do with the topic.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS