By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Left 4 Dead Public Demo Comes Out Today on 360 and PC!

Today's the day!  I've been playing the L4D demo since Thursday, and it is such an awesome game.

Here's the Steam link, the demo should be up now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/530/

Some impressions:

It looks GREAT.  I don't understand naysayers of the Source engine...it runs smoother than TF2 but looks better than HL2: Ep2.  Shiny textures everywhere, flashlight effects are great, the models are high-quality, and it really does pack a lot of zombies onscreen at once.

They only give you the first map and half of the second map, which means there are 18 and a half more maps to play.  And yet I've been having tons of fun just on those 1.5 maps.  The zombies are always in different spots, you never know where a boss infected is going to be, and when a Tank or Witch shows up, it's always exciting.

I could blab on, but there's not much more to say. 

Download the free demo today!  It ends on Nov. 18th when the full game comes out.  And you can still pre-purchase for $5 off.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

Today's the day!  I've been playing the L4D demo since Thursday, and it is such an awesome game.

Here's the Steam link, the demo should be up now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/530/

Some impressions:

It looks GREAT.  I don't understand naysayers of the Source engine...it runs smoother than TF2 but looks better than HL2: Ep2.  Shiny textures everywhere, flashlight effects are great, the models are high-quality, and it really does pack a lot of zombies onscreen at once.

They only give you the first map and half of the second map, which means there are 18 and a half more maps to play.  And yet I've been having tons of fun just on those 1.5 maps.  The zombies are always in different spots, you never know where a boss infected is going to be, and when a Tank or Witch shows up, it's always exciting.

I could blab on, but there's not much more to say. 

Download the free demo today!  It ends on Nov. 18th when the full game comes out.  And you can still pre-purchase for $5 off.

why remove the demo? thats completely stupid. Way to kill sales during the holidays from people who dont have a clue how the game is.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I dunno...maybe you can still play single player, just not multiplayer. I don't really care since I'm a guaranteed purchase already hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

the demo doesnt seem pubic yet, it isnt letting me download it

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Yeah, I checked earlier, and I still can't download it now.

Around the Network

It was nice knowing you, Ben.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Meh... if the demo for FEAR 2:Project Origin was available, now that would be real news! :)

Hmm, well it should be up shortly then...it shows as available for me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I am waiting for this demo!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

BenKenobi88 said:
Hmm, well it should be up shortly then...it shows as available for me.

It's up, kind of, but when you click the install button it just refreshes the page.