By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Verdict is in -- SACKBOY STRIKES BACK! 670K Week 1 WW (wk 0 + 1 in NA)

CDiablo said:

Great sales for a new IP.......but I dont see the legs everyone else sees. It will do well enough for a sequel but I dont think it will go much past 1.5mil(which is still HUGE for a new IP). Im not buying this till its around $30(Rented it and thought its not worth $60).

I see you must be busy with too human *snicker*

Around the Network

@forsaken

sorry not sure....but Vg Chartz usually includes all bundles....so 80% chance is its included

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@steverhcp

please do not make your decision upon legs from Japan

Japan is a place where NO LEGS take place unless you have "Pokemon" written on the box

I don't why people care about LBP sales in Japan, i mean in UK LBP did better first week then in Japan.

forsaken0825 said:
I still have a question with the Jap sales.
Do the Jap sales include the sales with the DS3 LBP bundle?
or is it separate if so then its probably more sales

You know, those of us who are of Japanese descent don't particularly appreciate the use of the word "Jap".

Exceeded my expectations by 150K. It also exceeded the vast majority of peoples expectations too. I wasn't expecting so much from Europe! Go EU!

So where are all the people who said LBP was on the wrong console...? lol
LBP is the kind of game that would have only sold on a playstation console.

Around the Network

@shanbcn

LBP = New Western IP

since when do Western IP's (forget new ones) EVER sell in Japan.....

so I agree with you

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I like where this thread is going!

LBP is huge!

Bested my expectations by 170k for true week 1 sales.

Go sackboy!

While i have no issues with the game, the DLC content from Sony leaves something to be desired.

The 2 free customes are nice bonus for first week buyers but the limited edition T-Shirt for sackboy is almost 10% the cost of the game! In Australia it is $8.99 and in the UK £4.99, if thats the sign of the cost of DLC to come, then by sweet baby Jesus the Disney package must cost half the game!

By the way I haven't bought the game yet :o (I feel disgusted with myself).
I will be contributing to week 2 sales hopefully :)

I love the game and its derserves every sales it gets, this is coming from a 360 owner who isnt the greatest fan of the ps3.