By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Verdict is in -- SACKBOY STRIKES BACK! 670K Week 1 WW (wk 0 + 1 in NA)

DMeisterJ said:
shanbcn said:
starcraft said:
Sony had an official bundle DMeisterJ, after the starter pack.

It allowed for the purchase of a PS3 and one first party game from a selection that I believe included Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Rachet. Obviously not all the consumers chose Uncharted in their bundle, but it was a PAL-wide Sony-endorsed bundle.

Take it from someone who lives in PAL.

Gears of war 2 also come with much much cheaper bundle and also include first GeOW here in Spain. 270€ 60gb bundle with two games compared to 400€ LBP bundle. 360 is in big trouble because its still selling on par with PS3. PS3 price cut will destroy 360 completely in PAL region.

Whoops Gears 2 is bundled!

Sales of this game were helped by bundling since it's bundled in Spain. >_>

Its bundled every where in PAL region.

Around the Network
psrock said:
You guys are still arguing over this.

LBP is a success, however its not as HUGE as most expected. It's really not fair to the game anyway.

NOW I WILL GET ON ANYONE TRYING TO BLOW UP KILLZONE 2.

Unnamed Beta is bloody good, cant wait until release. for my money will be and always has been the big shooter on ps3, well unless there is a black2 in the works

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

shanbcn said:
DMeisterJ said:
shanbcn said:
starcraft said:

It allowed for the purchase of a PS3 and one first party game from a selection that I believe included Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Rachet. Obviously not all the consumers chose Uncharted in their bundle, but it was a PAL-wide Sony-endorsed bundle.

Gears of war 2 also come with much much cheaper bundle and also include first GeOW here in Spain. 270€ 60gb bundle with two games compared to 400€ LBP bundle. 360 is in big trouble because its still selling on par with PS3. PS3 price cut will destroy 360 completely in PAL region.

Whoops Gears 2 is bundled!

Sales of this game were helped by bundling since it's bundled in Spain. >_>

Its bundled every where in PAL region.

Well then

Gears 2 sales are padded because it is bundled in PAL. 

Didn't know that.

Hyruken said:
Poor old LBP didnt even make it into the top 3 here in the UK :(
Therefore im guessing these numbers are less then accurate seeing as in UK is where majority of the software sales come from.

If Fifa 09 on 360 was 3rd in the chart and that sold only 50k then i cannot see at all LBP selling 200k if it was not above it....That just does not make any sense at all. So personally i think these numbers are way out.

You're taliking about the "all formats" chart. LBP is actually 2nd (behind Gears) on the single format chart (or whatever it is called).

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

I still don't understand this week 0 business.. yeh yeh, i get that it wasn't "on sale", per se, during that first week.. but are there actually reports that it was sold out at the retailers who did supply the game?

Around the Network
tabsina said:
I still don't understand this week 0 business.. yeh yeh, i get that it wasn't "on sale", per se, during that first week.. but are there actually reports that it was sold out at the retailers who did supply the game?

I agree that this isn't the best way to do it, but we have to chose 1 way to do it. If everyone tries to measure how it did and such differently, it's going to become a bloody mess around here. It's better to have a way that is OK, than to have 10 different ways of measuring with heaps of people complaining.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

DMeisterJ said:

Uncharted is bundled now, but wasn't before.  The only official Uncharted bundle was the 160 GB one.   >_>  As I've said, I'm sure that it was unofficially bundled here and there, but not like the 160 GB one which just came out.

How the hell do you think you know better? you live in america...

bundle is bundle official or not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Uncharted is bundled now, but wasn't before.  The only official Uncharted bundle was the 160 GB one.   >_>  As I've said, I'm sure that it was unofficially bundled here and there, but not like the 160 GB one which just came out.

How the hell do you think you know better? you live in america...

bundle is bundle official or not

??

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

So what can we conclude from that?

Did ioi even track these bundles?  Since you could choose ar e they trackable? 

Again, this proves nil.  Get me a message or post form ioi where he says he tracks these, or that they're trackable, since you can pick and choose games, then we're talking.

Until then, this, as most of your posts, is speculation.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=10214

Speculation?  I don't see anywhere in that post that claims any sort of knowledge of the bundle's impact on sales.  Merely that the bundle, contrary to the falsehoods you spread, did exist.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=10038

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

papflesje said:
@ starcraft: I'm in a PAL region and nothing of that type of bundling exists here.

I didn't say it exists now...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS