By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Symphonia DotNW Review - 6.7 Im still buying it.=)

Leni said:
sorry, but i have to say that, this is overdone!!

i HATE the f***ing reviewer and everyone who's not buying the game because of this review!!

i'll buy the game 100%, and if it deserves a higher score, i'll spam their website and sent them a hell of annoying e-mails and OTHER material....

i'm very sorry IGN, but every Wii game review says like: come on, it's a Wii game, it can't get a high score....

You don't have to do that, IGN usually fails at nearly all their reviews anyway, so I'm sure they get a lot of that.

Just sit back and enjoy the game :) And pity those who didn't buy it because of this review.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Around the Network

What an awful review. He keeps complaining about stuff mandatory in almost every JRPG to date.

I don't see anyone complaining about GoW2, Halo3, Resistance2, Killzone 2 offering nothing new to the table.

People keep complaining about casual games destroying the market, but it's FPSs that are doing actual damage. Whatever doesn't have explosions, blood, muscle and a reticule is doomed and not good.

routsounmanman said:
What an awful review. He keeps complaining about stuff mandatory in almost every JRPG to date.

I don't see anyone complaining about GoW2, Halo3, Resistance2, Killzone 2 offering nothing new to the table.

People keep complaining about casual games destroying the market, but it's FPSs that are doing actual damage. Whatever doesn't have explosions, blood, muscle and a reticule is doomed and not good.

They are using the wrong reviewers for JRPGs.  They seems to be fine witn reviewers in terms of shooters.

Vanadium2k8 said:
After reading half the thread, I am disappointed in how people blindly follow reviews.

Take this: Tales of Destiny, one of my favourite RPGs, got a fricken' 4.5 on Gamespot. But that is not going to make me like it any less. And I'm sure many people on here that have played it would agree that it's a great game.

Gamespot did the same with Star Ocean: First Departure recently by giving it a 6/10, yet I consider it an amazing JRPG. The reviewer didn´t even mention half of the game´s features and it seemed like she didn´t even bother playing the game enough or had no mood to take seriously a non-hyped psp game.

I knew it was coming. A lot the Tales fanboard members hated it, and many said it was the worst in the series, spinoff or not. I don't know which screwed up dev team they put on this project, but Namco needs to get these things straight for any possible sequels, especially to Symphonia(which is widely viewed as the best Tales game)

I'm still probably gonna rent it though. Only Tales game I won't have bought this or last gen... ;_;

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Won't get for awhile since Vesperia I'm playing....

Former something....

Shadowblind said:
I knew it was coming. A lot the Tales fanboard members hated it, and many said it was the worst in the series. I don't know which screwed up dev team they put on this project, but Namco needs to get these things straight for any possible sequels.

Uhmm, can I have a link to these Tales fanboards?

Because I've played it and enjoyed it thoroughly, and the reactions on 2ch were mostly positive as well. And worst in the series? For people importing games from Japan, I'm surprised they thought it was worse than Tales of the Tempest...

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper

End of '09 Predictions:

Vanadium2k8 said:
Shadowblind said:
I knew it was coming. A lot the Tales fanboard members hated it, and many said it was the worst in the series. I don't know which screwed up dev team they put on this project, but Namco needs to get these things straight for any possible sequels.

Because I've played it and enjoyed it thoroughly, and the reactions on 2ch were mostly positive as well. And worst in the series? For people importing games from Japan, I'm surprised they thought it was worse than Tales of the Tempest...

Sure. Mainly on the Namco.tales boards many said it was very dissapointing. Still, some liked it rather well, thus influencing my renting.

http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74940

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
Shadowblind said:

Sure. Mainly on the Namco.tales boards many said it was very dissapointing. Still, some liked it rather well, thus influencing my renting.

Looks like the only people hating on it are the people who haven't bought it...

End of '09 Predictions:

Shadowblind said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
Shadowblind said:

Uhmm, can I have a link to these Tales fanboard s?

Maybe I'm reading the wrong thread, but I don't see that much disappointment. The  only people who seemed disappointed in that thread was  two people who haven't  played it.