By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rockstar Exec: "not sure" whether GTA IV DLC will be released this year...

PAINTRAINWooWoo said:
Reject said:
GeOW 2 cost 18 million to make, what was MS thinking spending 50M on DLC when a game costing $18 million sells 2.5M first week?

Bullshit, halo 3 took 60 million no way gow2 was only 18.  Agreed worst 50 million spent ever. Could of bought one of sonys exlusives and made it multiplat with that.

Gears 1 cost only 10 million so wouldn't surprise me if GeoW2 was close to double. Alot of the work was done by already having the new version of the engine developed for them.

Plus Microsoft didn't spend $50mil, they LOANED it

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network
Snarf Barf said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
Yep the 50 million DLC was a fail. Jus MS throwing money around they might want to stop that as their stocks continue to tumble.

It was a loan. MS will get a larger share of the DLC $. It means that the best for Rockstar and it's publisher would be to make a quick and dirty job since they'll see a small return on the DLC. The fact they are actually taking their sweet time to make it are good news.

Who cares when it comes: it will come, it will be great and it will be 360 exclusive. Which of course burns you and that's why you are posting in this thread.

Nope I'm not burned. Got a good 50 hours out of GTA 4 and I'm over it. I've got my own exclusive content called MGS4 to cool the flames at any rate.

Ha ha, I see the mods are already onto you. Man, sony defense force alt accounts, they are spawning like crazy lately.

If we are to list war and compare exclusive content, the ps3 will get demolished. You know, I notice a trend: only one game exists for the SDF forum dwellers at a time; a few months ago it was UNCHARTED! the ps3 is tanking... UNCHARTED! the ps3 gets another crappy multiplatform port... UNCHARTED! Now it's the same, just instead of UNCHARTED! all you people spew is MGS4! MGS4!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Snarf Barf said:
Yep the 50 million DLC was a fail. Jus MS throwing money around they might want to stop that as their stocks continue to tumble.

It was a loan. MS will get a larger share of the DLC $. It means that the best for Rockstar and it's publisher would be to make a quick and dirty job since they'll see a small return on the DLC. The fact they are actually taking their sweet time to make it are good news.

Who cares when it comes: it will come, it will be great and it will be 360 exclusive. Which of course burns you and that's why you are posting in this thread.

Nope I'm not burned. Got a good 50 hours out of GTA 4 and I'm over it. I've got my own exclusive content called MGS4 to cool the flames at any rate.

Ha ha, I see the mods are already onto you. Man, sony defense force alt accounts, they are spawning like crazy lately.

If we are to list war and compare exclusive content, the ps3 will get demolished. You know, I notice a trend: only one game exists for the SDF forum dwellers at a time; a few months ago it was UNCHARTED! the ps3 is tanking... UNCHARTED! the ps3 gets another crappy multiplatform port... UNCHARTED! Now it's the same, just instead of UNCHARTED! all you people spew is MGS4! MGS4!

Why the mods aren't on to you is beyond me. What a troll post and completely off topic. Snarf was at least talking about GTA4 where you on the other hand is just trying to bash ps3 and it's users. AND you doing that doesn't cover up the fact that 360 fanboys were overhyping this MORE THAN LBP! and we still don't know what it is. You guys claimed that this is the defining experience of GTA4 and no one in their right mind would get the Ps3 version even if they had just a ps3 because it wouldnt be the full game. AND WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS! People have moved on from GTA4 already. People played it and beat it and sold it. This content was not what 360 fanboys hyped it up to be

Max King of the Wild said:

Why the mods aren't on to you is beyond me. What a troll post and completely off topic. Snarf was at least talking about GTA4 where you on the other hand is just trying to bash ps3 and it's users. AND you doing that doesn't cover up the fact that 360 fanboys were overhyping this MORE THAN LBP! and we still don't know what it is. You guys claimed that this is the defining experience of GTA4 and no one in their right mind would get the Ps3 version even if they had just a ps3 because it wouldnt be the full game. AND WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS! People have moved on from GTA4 already. People played it and beat it and sold it. This content was not what 360 fanboys hyped it up to be

Hey, I remember your username... which was the thread you and I were having an argument? Holding a grudge perhaps?

Snarf Barf is a troll account. Check his post history, he's trolled Microsoft and he's trolled Nintendo. It might hurt you that someone who has the same allegiance is being improper, but that's how things roll.

As for the GTA4 DLC, it's coming. Right now the best would be not to speculate way too much. Once it's announced there'll be a lot of talk and judgement, but until then...

By the way there are a lot of mods in here and they at least read every thread. That's why snarf barf got banned... trolling the nintendo forum.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Please get back on topic folks, and remember if someone is trolling you need to report them and then ignore them. Posting a reply never makes the situation better and often makes it much worse.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Exclusive GTA4 DL on the 360 has been way overhyped. 360 fanboys can't justify this as the game has mostly been forgot about by most people. The only people waiting for this now are the die hard GTA fans that know about it and the hardcore gamers who bought it on the 360 JUST for the DL content... can't see that being many people.

^^ I'm letting that slide since you most likely didn't see my comment, but any further off-topic comments will not be given the benefit of the doubt.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
^^ I'm letting that slide since you most likely didn't see my comment, but any further off-topic comments will not be given the benefit of the doubt.

And I edited before I read this