By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Kitase and Nomura will leave square enix after FFXIII.

Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:
The hate for Nomura is amazing, seen it here and no Neogaf as well. Mind telling me what he has done so wrong? I am seriously confused on this one, is it the gender confused characters he makes?

It`s mostly for his character designs. Amano, as we all know, rules.

Amano...? FF IX Amano or am I wrong..?

...No Final Fantasy fan is allowed to not know who Yoshitaka Amano is.

Turn in your card. I'm sorry, we're going to have to burn it.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:
The hate for Nomura is amazing, seen it here and no Neogaf as well. Mind telling me what he has done so wrong? I am seriously confused on this one, is it the gender confused characters he makes?

That`s the one.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:

...No Final Fantasy fan is allowed to not know who Yoshitaka Amano is.

Turn in your card. I'm sorry, we're going to have to burn it.

lol not everybody knows who he is. I know people who never heard of Miyamoto... heretics, basicaly...

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Johann said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:

That`s the one.

I'm more of a Nomura fan, to be honest. FF IX character designs were pretty average, but the envirioments were superb.

Khuutra said:
Reject said:

It's mostly the fact that they confused a man having artistic talent in 1997 with someone having the ability to direct a video game. Nearly every game he's directed (that I've played - I haven't played TWEWY, assuming that he directed that) has been pretty clear in ways in which it could have been better. The man is way, way too far up his own butt.

well i bought TWEWY and I feel like i wasted my money on that POS

Around the Network
Xen said:
Johann said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:

That`s the one.

I'm more of a Nomura fan, to be honest. FF IX character designs were pretty average, but the envirioments were superb.

http://www.amgmedia.com/freephotos/fire2.jpg

I'm sorry. You brought this on yourself.

More seriously, though, Amano has done at least preliminary character designs for most Final Fantasy games up through 9 (yes, including 7, and I liked his Sephiroth a lot more). Difference between him and Nomura is that Nomura's style is more like a mangaka and Amano is something more akin to a master painter.

Xen said:
Johann said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:

That`s the one.

Funny, I find every design of Nomura to be average. Anything Amano does has that surreal tone to it, I love it. For me that just fits more with the franchise. But that`s just me.

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:

That`s the one.

More seriously, though, Amano has done at least preliminary character designs for most Final Fantasy games up through 9 (yes, including 7, and I liked his Sephiroth a lot more). Difference between him and Nomura is that Nomura's style is more like a mangaka and Amano is something more akin to a master painter.

Do you have an image of Amano's Sephiroth? I'm interested. Though I prefer Nomura to Amano, Nomura's style suits me better. I love a lot of his character designs: Vincent, Reno, Auron, Sora, Neku, Joshua, etc.

Mmmmh the problem with amano is that his artworks are amazing, but way too complicated to turn into a video game. But he definitly is a huge guy!

Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Xen said:
Johann said:
Reject said:

That`s the one.

Amano`s Sephiroth FTW.

http://www.tao.cx/tos/amanoart.gif

Qual é, Dadinho...?