By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - KH3: Actual Information

gamingdevil said:
I hate 2D on the DS, the sprites are usually tiny and low-quality. But if it could get FFCC:RoF like graphics with a close camera angle i could buy it. I don't like RPG's on DS at all! :-S

I think you are looking at the wrong games to judge DS 2D by.  RPG's are probably the main reason I bought a DS heh.

Around the Network

Can you recommend any good DS rpg's then? I'm a total RPG (jRPG's especially) and i have: Children Of Mana, DQ: Rocket Slime, Pokemon, FF3, Digimon World DS, Lunar Knights, Etrian Odyssey (yucks! i hate dungeon crawlers) and Mario & Luigi.

I think certain Sony fans need to start accepting the new reality otherwise they're in for a lot of disappointment. Sony is no longer at the head of the supper table when it comes to getting third party support and exclusives, they're now the dog, and they should feel lucky when they get the odd nice scrap thrown down to them from the table. As for Square Enix, FF13 is much more than just a scrap, so they should just be extremely grateful for that and realize how lucky they are that Square Enix threw them a meaty bone when they didn't have to.

gamingdevil said:
Can you recommend any good DS rpg's then? I'm a total RPG (jRPG's especially) and i have: Children Of Mana, DQ: Rocket Slime, Pokemon, FF3, Digimon World DS, Lunar Knights, Etrian Odyssey (yucks! i hate dungeon crawlers) and Mario & Luigi.

You have most of the ones I would recommend (plus 2 that I wouldn't).

-My favorites:

DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime
Pokemon
FFIII
Digimon World DS
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
The Ace Attourney games (not sure if you would call these RPGs or not, but they are amazing)
Heroes of Mana (despite Children of Mana sucking, Heroes of Mana is really good)
Hotel Dusk (again not sure if you should call this an RPG, but it's really good)
Puzzle Quest (I actually own this on my PSP, but the DS version should be the same)

You may want to try out Magical Starsign and Spectrobes, they are pretty good.

-Upcomming RPGs I'm really looking forward to:

DQ Monsters: Joker
Dragon Quest IX
Digimon World DD (Dawn and Dusk)
Final Fantasy CC: RoF
Mega Man Star Force (I don't know if you liked the Battle Network games or not, but I loved them)
FFIV remake (I wouldn't normally buy remakes, but there are changes promised to the original script)
FFXII Revenant Wings
FFT A2
It's a Wonderful World
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Sonic RPG

I bolded the ones I care about the most. IMO the DS is one of the best platforms for RPGs ever made, and with the amount coming out in the next year, and the fact that it is only halfway through it's life, I think it may end up being THE best. I bought my PSP for Mega Man Powered Up and GTA. For it I'm looking forward to Crysis Core: FFVII and possibly Dissidia (still VERY iffy on an FF Fighting game).

Soriku said:
What the? I thought you were "Sony 4 life!".

No, I don't even own a PS3.  I'll probably pick one up in a year or two since I'll want a blu-ray player anyways and there might be some good exclusives I'd want to play on the system.

Around the Network

I was less than impressed with KH:CoM, so I hope the KH franchise will do better on a handheld this time around, (no more cards!).

I actually enjoyed KH:CoM Silversen, but I would prefer the new game not use the card system as well.

Legend11 said:
I think certain Sony fans need to start accepting the new reality otherwise they're in for a lot of disappointment. Sony is no longer at the head of the supper table when it comes to getting third party support and exclusives, they're now the dog, and they should feel lucky when they get the odd nice scrap thrown down to them from the table. As for Square Enix, FF13 is much more than just a scrap, so they should just be extremely grateful for that and realize how lucky they are that Square Enix threw them a meaty bone when they didn't have to.

Quoted for the Farkin' Truth!

Oh but hey, I'm getting ahead of myself, didn't you see E3 Legend? Sony's turned things around and now they're going to win the console wars. Way to be behind the times dude. (/sarcasm)

I'm sure when Sony re-announces everything we already knew they were going to come out once again at the Tokyo Game Show we'll have to listen to the Diehards restate Sony's victory once more.

Don't get me wrong, MS and Ninty aren't impressing me that much either, but at least Ninty has the sales to back the fan hype and I don't see any MS fans walking around like they have 9 inch dicks, so people on this forum will forgive me if I'm not somewhat taken aback by how the Sony fandom is acting like they're still King of the Hill when they're in fact at the very bottom. I prefer the 360, but aside from that I'm pretty objective when it comes to how I view consoles.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

leo-j said:
ArtofAngels said:
leo-j said:
fazz said:
Oh too bad... oh well, we can't do anything :P

Good for DS owners :)

You know I think he is releasing those games to see which one sells the best, and it will see what handheld deserves kh. Really I want it to come out on the psp, I have a ds, but a game that great doesnt deserve to be brought to the ds, then again ff 3 was awsome.

I respect you and all, but that is the stupidest thing you've ever said.

Bro why would you want to play kingdomhearts 3 on the ds? Seriously man. I just dont think it would be a great idea to release it on the ds.The fans be extreemly dissapointed.

What I don't understand is if you wanted it on PSP rather then the DS then wouldn't overall you want it on the PS3 or Wii over the PSP?

The PSP offers absolutely nothing to the gaming market, If companies want to develop on the worlds largest installed base/handheld they'd go the DS, if they wanted it with the best graphics possible it'd go on the PS3, there's simply just no room for much PSP love.

The only factor it'd ever come to PSP would be to put it on the best graphics handheld, which more kids don't have.

The fans would be more disappointed if it were on PSP simply because most of them don't have one, same goes for PS3.
Wii and DS are the only true candidates.

My original reply to you was the whole 'deserve' part, as if to say DS doesn't deserve great games, like as in Zelda and Mario should be on PSP, because PSP deserves great games not DS

Did Nintendo do something to not deserve good games?

leo-j said:
Rath said:
leo-j said:
fazz said:
Oh too bad... oh well, we can't do anything :P

Good for DS owners :)

You know I think he is releasing those games to see which one sells the best, and it will see what handheld deserves kh. Really I want it to come out on the psp, I have a ds, but a game that great doesnt deserve to be brought to the ds, then again ff 3 was awsome.

Just out of interest, why do you personally think that great games dont deserve to be on the DS? o.O

@donwii

No its not about the graphics its just the gameplay wont be the same,

@rath

the gameboy version was awsome I own it. Again I odnt care about graphcis the gameplay is what matters. As long as kh3 isnt on a handheld it would be good. The spin off on the ds would be generally the same as the gba version with new characters and the use of the touch screen. On the psp it would be better since the game will not only be longer, but less linear.

I don't really see how the system defines the length or variance of a game.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007