By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix starting to ditch Sony just like Nintendo?

Crisis Core: FFVII
FFT: War of the lions
Star Ocean 1 + 2
FF 1+2
KH: BBS
FF: Agito 13
PE: The 3rd birthday
FFXIII
FFXIII Versus
TLR
etc.

All coming/came to a PS3/P near you.

Around the Network

@Starcraftmaniac:White Knight Chronicles is from Level 5,not from SE.

About the topic:
Square-Enix is doing business,and even so they still continue with a major support for Sony,much more than the recent love they show to Microsoft and Nintendo,even with a smaller userbase,enough proof don't you think VGC partners?
And I want my PS3&PSP SE's games NOW so badly,but we have to wait ,o,o

The PS3 sold much lower than anyone, including SE, expected. So they're going multi to cover costs (SCE was only willing to secure exclusivity in Japan). Unfortunately for us ps3 fans, MS is 'donating' money to SE to make some 360 exclusives which makes things worse for us.

While SE is spending less resources to the PS3, their PSP support is increasing. Their only big PSP game sold very good (shipped 2 million), good enough to outsell quite some of their DS games.

konnichiwa said:They did like nothing to make the Xbox popular in Japan while they put a lot of money in advertisements for X360 (go To Akihabara and the ads were like everywhere you didn't saw that with xbox) put a lot of money for the creation of Exclusive JRPG's hire some of the most popular gamecreators Sakaguchi, Nobuo, Akira etc....  And all of that for 300k more X360's units sold than Xbox?  I really wonder if they are happy with that;

They surpassed the Xbox in less than two years, and they expect to sell over one million 360s in Japan. As I postulated in my previous post, they are slightly satisfied.

I am still sure that SE will do something big for the wii. I mean the rubbish DQ spinoff was one of the best selling console games in japan. I mean so far the wii RPG scene seems to be taken almost completely by Marvellous, excetp with nintendo and namco helping out a bit

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

SE still ignores the Wii, but they will pay the price for it, recent financial results do show that HD gaming is not as profitable as expected. Compared to the Wii, PS3 is getting tons of support and Sony fans should be happy about it at least they getting some quality not Dragon Quest Swords which is just a shameful product.

konnichiwa said:
jpain333 said:
CrazzyMan said:
NO.
M$ just pays money and yet, they can`t change the tide in Japan.
x360 already 6k this week, with pricecut and 2 jrpg releases recently.

ya am sure they're disappointed with the 6k average instead of 2k average they had before, i'm sure they're also upset they only outsold the ps3 for 2 months.....bad move MS!!!!!

Wait what?  You really think MS is happy with the sales of X360?

It's an improvement....unless they'd rather be selling the 2k they used to...am sure they're not upset..

trestres said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=36310

Take a look at the upcoming games please for each platform.

Wii is getting the worst crap, PS3 is getting good games but too few, with no new announcements since the PS3 launched. SE really does want to go bankrupt.

Calm down, trestres.  I blame Wada.  I wanna smack him until he starts bleeding from his eyeballs.  SE seems to be forgetting it was Sony that made them big in the West.

Wada pisses off his 2 most important employees by making FFXIII multi-plat, he is doing well to run the company to the ground.