By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix starting to ditch Sony just like Nintendo?

CrazzyMan said:
NO.
M$ just pays money and yet, they can`t change the tide in Japan.
x360 already 6k this week, with pricecut and 2 jrpg releases recently.

ya am sure they're disappointed with the 6k average instead of 2k average they had before, i'm sure they're also upset they only outsold the ps3 for 2 months.....bad move MS!!!!!

Around the Network

Yes 360 outsold PS3 for 2 months and PS3 outsold 360 for 20 months in Japan......bad move SE indeed

SE is going where the money is , and just like Crazyman demonstrated there is alot of support of Sony still.

jpain333 said:
CrazzyMan said:
NO.

ya am sure they're disappointed with the 6k average instead of 2k average they had before, i'm sure they're also upset they only outsold the ps3 for 2 months.....bad move MS!!!!!

Wait what?  You really think MS is happy with the sales of X360?

Million said:
SE is going where the money is , and just like Crazyman demonstrated there is alot of support of Sony still.

And yet no Wii RPG's.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I definitely think Square-Enix is taking their focus on platforms in the wrong direction when looking at revenue and total net income for potential Software sales. However, if they gets loads of money-hats from Microsoft (Hint: FF13...) then it's ok for them! Because it won't matter for what console they develop and what the total sales of their software is. They'll still be able to swim in money because of the cash that Microsoft (or other companies, just an example) is/are paying.

When you don't take the money-hats into account. They should definitely focus more on the Wii-front. Their games are very frontloaded and sell the most in Japan so getting the 'bigger' SQ-E games to the Wii would be a more reliable choice for their revenue. Although they know the PS3 is profitable right now too because of the userbase that exceeds 2 million users nowadays in Japan.

I don't think SQ-E is 'ditching' Sony. They are just 'focussing' more on the (potentially) most profitable platforms for them! Which, right now, are the DS and Wii. When you don't take into account the money-hats! What Microsoft is doing is paying stacks of $ to make them develop games for their console too whilst they normally wouldn't make a huge enough profit on that platform!

I think the main point you can see in SQ-E develop strategy is that they don't want to bet all their money on one horse! They develop a lot for DS. But don't forget the PSP. They publish some Wii-games and are developing Chrystal Chronicles for it. And are releasing White Knight Chronicles exclusively for PS3. Whilst FF13 is a HD-console game.

Conclusion: They're definitely not ditching Sony! SQ-E just goes where the money is. And it's a company that has to make profit to sustain in this business and has to pay the bills so they spread their potential income more! Pure logic if you ask me! They're just trying to make a living, and trying to do it the best way!

THE NETHERLANDS

konnichiwa said:
jpain333 said:
CrazzyMan said:
NO.

Relative to how the original Xbox sold and how the 360 was selling? Yes, I think they are slightly satisfied.

Theya are not ditching Sony. They cant afford to do that just yet, its just M$ pays for the production cost of their games so what can they do every body loves money.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Well, if they want to ditch Sony that bad, they better start cancelling PS3 games already.

Jackson50 said:
konnichiwa said:
jpain333 said:
CrazzyMan said:
NO.

Relative to how the original Xbox sold and how the 360 was selling? Yes, I think they are slightly satisfied.

They did like nothing to make the Xbox popular in Japan while they put a lot of money in advertisements for X360 (go To Akihabara and the ads were like everywhere you didn't saw that with xbox) put a lot of money for the creation of Exclusive JRPG's hire some of the most popular gamecreators Sakaguchi, Nobuo, Akira etc....  And all of that for 300k more X360's units sold than Xbox?  I really wonder if they are happy with that;