By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't Star Ocean 4 hitting Playstation 3?

I wanna know why.... but my guess is that Micro$oft moneyhatted it so sales can improve in Japan obviously.....  I mean c'mon a PS exclusive series become a Xbox 360 exclusive?

Around the Network

Because Sony refuses to pay for exclusives?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Who said it`s NOT coming?

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20763
I know there are no PlayStation 3 games from tri-Ace yet, but is it one of the goals of the engine to maintain multiplatform compatibility when that becomes a possibility?

YY: I have heard that tri-Ace has already created this engine as a multiplatform engine.

Don`t worry, it definitely WILL. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

It might, it might not but If it does I say 6 months after the 360 release...

Former something....

SmokedHostage said:
Because Sony refuses to pay for exclusives?

Heh, I never thought of it that way , probably the reason for the announcement of FFXIII going multi-platform too eh?

Around the Network

Because square enix believes that the 360 is a suitable platform for there games, and that it will make western gamers start buying there games.

mM

its because microsoft moneyhatted timed exclusivity, if its a 1 year exclusive then its a fail for triace. the recent sales of gta4 in japan are proof of that.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
its because microsoft moneyhatted timed exclusivity, if its a 1 year exclusive then its a fail for triace. the recent sales of gta4 in japan are proof of that.

Western games don't sell as well as Japanese RPG's, at least in Japan.

Pixel Art can be fun.

leo-j said:
Because square enix believes that the 360 is a suitable platform for there games, and that it will make western gamers start buying there games.

That doesn't explain why they make it exclusive

Your silly to think it wont make it to PS3, fact of the matter is that SO4 has not yet been announced for PS3 as SE wish to maximise 360 sales, saying it is coming to PS3 before the 360 version releases would dent the sales by a huge margin.

A lot of sites let it slip, not sure is they were assuming or not but seriously anyone who thinks this one will stay exclusive is living in ku ku land. Just not the right console to make a JRPG exclusive, if it was a DQ or FF it would do fine but this is SO.