By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't Star Ocean 4 hitting Playstation 3?

trestres said:
Well, so far IU and SO4 are 360 exclusive, with TLR being also timed exclusive without a release date for the PS3. Also 360 got FFXI and Project Sylpheed from SE and the announced MMORPG Rapture.

FFXIII lost exclusivity to the 360 as well and it wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the future FFvsXIII goes to the 360 as well.

Looks like SE has chosen the worst console to develop exclusively for, that's why I sense bankrupcy soon. Anyways PS3 owners shouldn't be too worried about it since I believe all HD games will be multiplat because if not SE would go bankrupt.

What's really unbelievable is their hate for the Wii, announcing DS ports and saying they would like to release Wine and travelling guides for it instead of proper games. Simply unbelievable.

Agreed, the hate for the Wii is hurting SE in terms of income and the 360 exclusives sure arent helping as well. It is only a matter of time until they start developing there big games for Wii.

Kingdom Hearts 3 + Disney Characters + Casual audience = HUGE SALES!

Around the Network

@Reject: That's not gonna happen, SE has already made their mind up and I believe they will avoid the Wii until the bitter end, even if that means bankrupcy or losing most of their console fans. Anyways I'll enjoy seeing the downfall of SE :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Reject said:
trestres said:
Well, so far IU and SO4 are 360 exclusive, with TLR being also timed exclusive without a release date for the PS3. Also 360 got FFXI and Project Sylpheed from SE and the announced MMORPG Rapture.

FFXIII lost exclusivity to the 360 as well and it wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the future FFvsXIII goes to the 360 as well.

Looks like SE has chosen the worst console to develop exclusively for, that's why I sense bankrupcy soon. Anyways PS3 owners shouldn't be too worried about it since I believe all HD games will be multiplat because if not SE would go bankrupt.

What's really unbelievable is their hate for the Wii, announcing DS ports and saying they would like to release Wine and travelling guides for it instead of proper games. Simply unbelievable.

Agreed, the hate for the Wii is hurting SE in terms of income and the 360 exclusives sure arent helping as well. It is only a matter of time until they start developing there big games for Wii.

Kingdom Hearts 3 + Disney Characters + Casual audience = HUGE SALES!

But you forget, Square LOATHES Nintendo.  Though, they don't hate Nintendo's motto's.  on a side note, probably the strongest reason Square Enix shows DS good support is because "It prints money."

Pixel Art can be fun.

1. They started a relationship by co-publishing Infinite Undiscovery, a Microsoft's IP developed by Tri-Ace
2. They got The Last Remnant first, but they lied saying that the development was quicker to do on the 360, which is true, except for the fact that the game is ALSO COMING ON PC, and the UE3 is easier to develop for PC...
3. They got Star Ocean 4 exclusivly, and THIS one is the key evidence to brign down their words: "FF13 is multiplatform because of the sales", because by that logic, this title would be multiplatform from the beginning...
4. Wada coming to Microsoft's keynote, it was cool because they already had a deal with 3 titles, but the expression on his face when he announced the Megaton (that was meant to bring down any other keynote), shows that they negotiated that with Microsoft...

It's clear that they are getting tons of money because of this, and that's fine, business is business, the problem for me is that they lied about it, i can respect deals, i can not respect covering them like they were distributing drugs...

I do admit that I am loving the way SE are bleeding money by putting so many games on 360, that's what they get for believing they can single handedly make the 360 big in Japan. :D

There is only so long they can ignore the Wii, then again the DS is getting more then enough love especially with there biggest franchise in Japan going on there. One thing I do see looking at Wii software sales is that 3rd party games sell like rubbish on the system so maybe that is a reason.......until Monster Hunter 3 releases. :P

Around the Network

Crisis Core is there best seller in years yet they still ignore the power of the Playstation. Die SE Die! While I laugh and eat nachos

@Reject: There has been no big 3rd party game released in Japan for the Wii, maybe that explains the shameful sales. On the other hand, the HD consoles have been seeing hit after hit. The only reason the Wii is succeeding in Japan is because of Nintendo themselves, otherwise no one would have bought a Wii.

Whenever third parties start taking the Wii seriously as the console leader it is, then they will start seeing good sales. That is save for Konami and SE. Capcom is starting to show at least Japanese Wii gamers some respect, here in the West, not so much.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Everyone knows that it will hit the PS3, Microsoft never said in any of their press conferences that the game is exclusive (while they were signing and dancing about Infinite undiscovery exclusivity and last remnant timed exclusivity),, my guess is that it wil be announced as soon as the 360 one is released.

but in this post E3 Megaton world, u might never know for sure, it might stay exclusive for good! :(

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

MS paid them

Take my love, take my land..