By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't Star Ocean 4 hitting Playstation 3?

@indodude Exactly .

There are very few reasons to justify an exclusivity deal without an incentive of the financial sort being offered.

If you look at a list of things that would push a developer to ignore almost 17 million PS3 owners it wouldn't be a very long list. I won't say Microsoft offered cash as i'll likey be jumped on by 360 fans but there are few other alternatives.

Around the Network

Well I just hope SO4 will hit PS3, considering the screenshots, the game looks simply amazing imo.

because ps3 has ff 13 in japan

indodude said:

I wanna know why.... but my guess is that Micro$oft moneyhatted it so sales can improve in Japan obviously..... I mean c'mon a PS exclusive series become a Xbox 360 exclusive?

1) Star Ocean was never a Sony exclusive, as the original SO was released on the SNES. Of course, all others after and pre-SO4 have been released on Sony systems.

2) I'm pretty sure it is going to probably be a timed exclusive, although no one is sure for how long. It could be 6 months or one year, but I'm sure they are going to try and gauge when to unveil the PS3 version when sales start dipping low.

I thought it was already only a timed exclusive, or was that Last Remnant. Too many jrpgs for me to keep track of. Especially since I don't play but a 1/4 of them.

Around the Network

I think we all know why.

Well, so far IU and SO4 are 360 exclusive, with TLR being also timed exclusive without a release date for the PS3. Also 360 got FFXI and Project Sylpheed from SE and the announced MMORPG Rapture.

FFXIII lost exclusivity to the 360 as well and it wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the future FFvsXIII goes to the 360 as well.

Looks like SE has chosen the worst console to develop exclusively for, that's why I sense bankrupcy soon. Anyways PS3 owners shouldn't be too worried about it since I believe all HD games will be multiplat because if not SE would go bankrupt.

What's really unbelievable is their hate for the Wii, announcing DS ports and saying they would like to release Wine and travelling guides for it instead of proper games. Simply unbelievable.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Skeeuk said:
its because microsoft moneyhatted timed exclusivity, if its a 1 year exclusive then its a fail for triace. the recent sales of gta4 in japan are proof of that.

I'm pretty sure that both versions of GTAIV hitting the top 5 software in Japan in its debut week is sure a surprise to many, especially considering how poorly western-developed games tend to sell in that country.

they said they dint get PS3 devkits early enough

they are in the process of porting it m sure

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think if WKC sells really well than Square-enix may consider to release it for ps3 aswell.